PDA

View Full Version : Hey Hughie

wheelinround
4th July 2009, 12:22 PM
TY Hughie for the box of stuff :2tsup: will see it gets where its got to go.

Didn't even hear a knock on the door and as my organiser has died I have lost all/everybodies contact details.

Ray

Pat
4th July 2009, 01:50 PM
So you lost your notebook have you! :harhar:

wheelinround
4th July 2009, 02:05 PM
So you lost your notebook have you!

Notebook :no: after 25 years electronic organiser decided it had had enough :~ :roll: guess it was just over worked like me :harhar:

Sawdust Maker
4th July 2009, 09:40 PM
I gather you hadn't backed it up :doh:

how are the experimental hughies going ?

hughie
4th July 2009, 11:58 PM
Hi Ray, It was abit early this morning, so I just dropped and ran. :2tsup:

Nick, protoypes are still out for testing with a few guys here and there :U

issatree
5th July 2009, 01:49 AM
Hi wheelinround,
Had the same trouble last year. Had a 1meg. Sharp, bit over 50% full, rotten little AAA battery leaked & went into the memory bank.
Asked our Insurance People, & blow me down they said no worries & replaced it with another Sharp ZQ 700. It is all right but I really preferred the old one, as it just did things differently . The new one was $289.
So now I keep a sharp? eye on those pesky batteries. I kept the crook one & took it back to where I bought them, their response was " we only sell them & we are not responsible for their condition ". Like you I suppose, it broke my heart, as I was unable to download it on Computer, as I did not have one then. Lost everything.
I can take mine to ;
John Mutch Electronics P/L, These People are very good & a little expensive.
758 Hawthorn Rd,
Brighton East, Vic. 3187.
03 9592 3144.
Hope this may help, & those who don't own one don't know. Little books get lost too.
Regards.
issatree.

wheelinround
5th July 2009, 08:58 AM
Hi Ray, It was abit early this morning, so I just dropped and ran. :2tsup:

Nick, protoypes are still out for testing with a few guys here and there :U

Well many thanks Hughie :2tsup::2tsup:

As for tool testing to damn cold to get into the garage even with the fan heater going:~

wheelinround
5th July 2009, 09:03 AM
I gather you hadn't backed it up :doh:

how are the experimental hughies going ?

:roll:
Was in the process of doing it at least some phone No's etc were on paper never had a computer download link it was to old for that.

Experimental Hughies well :grumble::cold::cold::whistling1: it is warming up slowly :roll:

wheelinround
5th July 2009, 09:05 AM
Hi wheelinround,
Had the same trouble last year. Had a 1meg. Sharp, bit over 50% full, rotten little AAA battery leaked & went into the memory bank.
Asked our Insurance People, & blow me down they said no worries & replaced it with another Sharp ZQ 700. It is all right but I really preferred the old one, as it just did things differently . The new one was $289.
So now I keep a sharp? eye on those pesky batteries. I kept the crook one & took it back to where I bought them, their response was " we only sell them & we are not responsible for their condition ". Like you I suppose, it broke my heart, as I was unable to download it on Computer, as I did not have one then. Lost everything.
I can take mine to ;
John Mutch Electronics P/L, These People are very good & a little expensive.
758 Hawthorn Rd,
Brighton East, Vic. 3187.
03 9592 3144.
Hope this may help, & those who don't own one don't know. Little books get lost too.
Regards.
issatree.

The memory had become corrupt for some reason maybe dropped once to often it had the little button batteries in it.
I am looking for a new one Sharp seem to be the only people making them now days otherwise its $600 for a PDA:no:

Ed Reiss
5th July 2009, 12:20 PM
organisher?:? ...I can't even get her to listen to me :doh:

wheelinround
5th July 2009, 12:26 PM
organisher?:? ...I can't even get her to listen to me :doh:

Thats understandable Ed............:q what woman listens to her manager

Sawdust Maker
5th July 2009, 09:56 PM
Thats understandable Ed............:q what woman listens to her manager

You're in trouble if Sue sees this:doh:
I've used a hp pda for a few years - does a great job. My boss (not SWMBO) decided I needed a boysenberry, blueberry, bluddyberry or something similar. Seems to work but I have to keep the HP up to date as I won't have the bluddy b'rry for ever

glen boulton
5th July 2009, 10:16 PM
i have 2 hp pda's in the office not being used. now i have the iphone i wont be using them.
if you are interested, make an offer on one.

Cliff Rogers
6th July 2009, 09:06 AM
...how are the experimental hughies going ?

...Nick, protoypes are still out for testing with a few guys here and there :U
Is there a thread going to discuss the prototype?
I have an idea to put forward.

wheelinround
6th July 2009, 09:07 AM
i have 2 hp pda's in the office not being used. now i have the iphone i wont be using them.
if you are interested, make an offer on one.

Glen thanks for the offer but I'll pass

munruben
6th July 2009, 09:14 AM
Ever heard of pencil and paper Ray? :) Never had one crash yet.:D

Cliff Rogers
6th July 2009, 09:45 AM
He just can't remember which ear he put the pencil behind. :p

Calm
6th July 2009, 09:52 AM
He just can't remember which ear he put the pencil behind. :p

Most people only have a choice of 2:no::no::doh::doh:

wheelinround
6th July 2009, 09:56 AM
Lead breaks far to easy John worse than batteries in electronics and paper runs out just when you need it most.

Guess all the people who aske questions will suffer the most as now I wont have e-mail, web sites, suppliers addresses at hand anywhere any time:;

Ears are for listening or holding glasses on sticking pencils in them causes blindness as light cant reflect around it

:lb: Just an old memory Cliff dad was a smoker and often when working used to stub out Cig's and put the remained behind his ear.
He stopped doing this when one time it didn't go right out but smoldered till it burnt his ear singed and his air

Sawdust Maker
7th July 2009, 10:07 PM

broke the lead in mine the other day and no one son had stole the pencil sharpener:doh:

Sawdust Maker
7th July 2009, 10:10 PM
actually the good thing about PDAs etc is that you can programme birthdays etc into them
then when you wish people a happy birthday they think you're a great bloke for remembering :2tsup:
me - I'm lucky to remember to fill the car up with juice when needed.