PDA

View Full Version : Ryobi Radial Arm Saw

KeithP
25th July 2004, 10:24 PM
Hi Folks,
I bought a Ryobi radial arm saw at an auction last week, when I went to try it out today I could not press in the on switch at the front of the machine to start it
Does anyone know if there is a lockout device that I can't find, or do I need a new switch.

Pedro

p.w.
3rd August 2004, 11:46 AM
If it is the same model as mine, it needs a small metal rod (approx 8mm diamater?) inserted into the hole to the side of the switch. I can measure it and send you a plan if you need it.

KeithP
3rd August 2004, 07:37 PM
Thanks P.W.

I Found the hole and fitted a bolt with nut into it, it seems to work and I don't see any safety problem

Pedro

KeithP
3rd August 2004, 10:13 PM
P.W.

By the way mine is a RS2000A, I have just finished a mobile cabinet to mount it on, and will have the saw dust collected in a drum mounted within the cabinet via a flexible vaccum cleaner type hose fitted to the saw.

Pedro

Chessman2003
3rd July 2005, 03:41 PM
Hi, you seem to be the perfect people for some help. I recently rescued a 210 radial arm saw from a skip but it is missing the table. I have rebuilt it (works great) but I could use some reference pictures to make a table from and or a copy of the instructions (wishfull thinking I expect). I am led to believe that all of these are essentially simmilar machines of varying size.

Just George
3rd July 2005, 04:03 PM
Look at this website http://www.ryobi.com.au/piccolo_public.htm and you might find the instructions you are looking for. You can normally download these instructions.

Woody

Chessman2003
4th July 2005, 07:27 AM
Thanks Woody,

Tried the link and it seems there are no instructions for radial arm saws (maybe old hat) any other suggestions?

Cheers G.