PDA

View Full Version : Canberra Wood Show - Get together(s)

corbs
23rd August 2009, 01:00 PM
Ok then all, its a couple of weeks away yet but who's going on what days? I will probably be there on Sat morning and then around to the MTB world championships in the afternoon. Anyone who might be there at the same time want to meet for a coffee around 10(ish)?

Incase you miss it... here's (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=103169) a great deal from Ubeaut too:2tsup:

Corbs

corbs
26th August 2009, 08:20 PM
***bump***

Jim Carroll
26th August 2009, 09:25 PM
Must be too cold in Canberra for anyone to reply.

corbs
27th August 2009, 05:16 PM
you might be onto something Jim... guess I'm drinking my coffee solo:rolleyes:

bench1holio
27th August 2009, 05:49 PM
ill be there corbs, just dunno what day yet!

namtrak
27th August 2009, 06:35 PM
Hey, Im not sure yet. Maybe around for a cuppa - may also head over to the MTB Champs as well. All too far ahead for this sort of detailed planning :)

Cheers

corbs
27th August 2009, 07:21 PM
My boys are going up to Sydney for the weekend so I will probably do the Wood Show in the morning and the MTB world champ's in the afternoon on Sat. My Fri and Sun are out for me.

BrettC
3rd September 2009, 09:26 PM
So I gues I'll recognise you as the bloke wandering around with a domino in each hand a big grin on his dial:U

corbs
3rd September 2009, 11:26 PM
hell... if I get one hand on a domino I will have a grin on my face:D... might have to wear the trusty ubeaut hat there too :wink:

Guess that means I will be the guy with two domino's, a big grin and a black & yellow hat:;

namtrak
4th September 2009, 01:57 PM
I happened to be over that way this morning so I dropped in. Seems a bit bigger than last year, mostly the same sort of exhibitors though. Some of the Wood guild stuff on display is outstanding.

I managed to picked up the Woodbuyers guide. I did notice an area for Woodwork Forum members to meet? I assume it was this forum? There was tea and coffee there but no-one else. (Its over the back if your looking - next Jim Carrolls stuff)

Anyway have fun and goodluck.

The Fein mob had a good deal on bundle packs of sandpaper, blades and scrapers (meant to grab one on the way out but forgot)

Cheers

Liz Falloon
5th September 2009, 03:18 PM
So really sorry guys i haven't had a chance to get onto the forum - been really busy. Just had a forum member come to the front desk and thank us for the meeting point at the Canberra Show. Show going really well with good crowds today - and the sun has come out!! Got talking to some of the visitors yesterday - they have travelled some mighty distances to get here. One man and his wife had left a 3.30am to make sure they got to the show for opening - they did!! Our first client yesterday morning to ticket counter was at 8.15 (show opens 10.00am) told me he had to be first in as every year another woodworker gets in before him and gets all of the best buys from Trend............checked up with him on the floor around 10.30 and he was really happy - his planned had worked and he was buying up!!!

Namtrak if you want me to go and collect the bits and pieces from Fein - let me know and i can do so for you.

If you haven't got to the show get try and come down tomorrow we have a great Fathers Day competition running - go into win $500 worth of Timber Shopping Dollars to spend on the show floor.

Talk soon
Liz

mat
8th September 2009, 09:45 AM
Thanks Liz for the forum lounge. I certainly made good use of it and it was well appreciated.

VEK TOOLS
9th September 2009, 10:34 AM
Nice to meet you all at the show.....corbs you forgot your dominos behind:; I am definately paying for the trip now as i have been off sick for the last two days......maybe a sign of the body saying to slow down:no:

corbs
9th September 2009, 05:49 PM
...corbs you forgot your dominos behind:; ...

Will send my address, happy to pay freight :;... can we substitute the dominos for one Kapex:B