PDA

View Full Version : Traditional Greenwood Chair workshop

ChairmanHare
25th August 2009, 07:11 PM
For all you woodies out there still wondering about our TGC workshops we had six very happy chaps and one chic all smiles at the end of our August workshop. We had a fantastic time with a great bunch of people for our first 'in residence' workshop in Australia. Four men completed a Windsor side chair in the 7 day course and two men crafted a Windsor Double-bow carver chair in the 10 day course. Our student from NZ brought his wife and she completed a lovely stool as well. Look out for the article in the October issue of Highlife magazine.
Students say it best really; Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Fantastic generosity, fantastic effort, fantastic attitude, fantastic company, fantastic experience.”
Greg and Judy Colville - (NZ) Fitzroy Falls August 2009 (Judy made a stool)

“Absolutely Fantastic experience and I have a great chair to remind me of a great week”
Jonathon Stenson - (Canberra) Fitzroy Falls August 2009

“An unbelievable opportunity to learn an almost lost tradition by a true master and create your own family Hare, loom. (haha) Thank you Richard and Gwynna”
Colin Nicholson - (Port Macquarie) Fitzroy Falls August 2009

“Thank you for an amazing experience. Despite my active involvement in woodwork ceasing when I was aged 11 which left me with bad feelings, my week with you guys changed that. It was a great awakening. I was amazed firstly that I could actually do the work (with Richard’s patient instruction and help, of course) and I was amazed at the beautiful artifact that emerged.

I don’t yet sit in my chair. I sit in another chair and gaze in astonishment at the chair I built !! I’ll get around to sitting in it one day, but for the moment our relationship is visual. Thank you.”
Peter Meredith - (Bowral) Fitzroy Falls August 2009

We have students booked in for the November workshop with a couple of spots left and we now have the dates set for the 2010 workshops with a booking for January already. Email [email protected] for details to be sent to you.
I still haven't figured out how to attach pics on this forum ... if anyone can help I would appreciate some advice !! would love to put up a pick of the team finish for you.
Gwynna *
for Richard Hare Chairs.

Tropicbird
28th August 2009, 09:32 AM
Uploading pictures. You need to search for a web picture hosting service such as Photobucket and upload your pictures to that. Then you can link them in your forum discussion.
Pat

ChairmanHare
28th August 2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks Tropicbird, I appreciate that advice. Will get on to it asap. Got a list of things to do as we are heading to the Central Coast where Richard will demonstrate and I will display at the Flora Festival Sept. 10th to 13th. Quite a big event. If any 'green woodies' (or otherwise) are in the area come and introduce yourselves.

chairs,
Gwynna *