PDA

View Full Version : Indoor chaise lounge plans

alliknow
4th September 2009, 11:52 PM
I've an idea to make a chaise lounge for the reproduction piece for the college course I am attending, however all i can find online are outdoor chaise lounge plans. Nothing fancy just an aestheticly appealing upholstered chaise lounge. Any ideas from anyone where i may find plans, either free or payable?
thanks

tea lady
5th September 2009, 12:01 AM
I've had a bit of a poke around recently in search for plans for an upholstered chair. Plans for upholstered things seem to be few and far between. :shrug: I found some in early wood working mags from the 60s. Kinda original danish modern looking stuff. :cool: But they were not really upholstered. Just had cushions. :no: So I'd be kinda interested in where to get them too. Maybe its a case of looking in the right department. :think: We're not using the right words or something. :shrug:

Woodwould
5th September 2009, 09:55 AM
The correct spelling is chaise longue (French for 'long chair'. A lounge is a living room or comfortable bar in a public house). Try Googling 'chaise longue' and you might have more success. :thyel:

alliknow
8th September 2009, 01:53 AM
Unfortunatly i've tried many different spellings of chaise lounge and they all seem to weild the same dissapointng results. Thanks for your help, i may just have to find a different reproduction piece to do this year.:(
thankyou for your help x

Woodwould
8th September 2009, 08:43 AM
Why do you specifically want a plan of a chaise longue? Can't you simply measure a similar sized sofa for the basic dimensions, or take any chair and modify the measurements to suit?

alliknow
22nd September 2009, 07:40 AM
Like i said, it's supposed to be a reproduction piece =(
Unfortunatly i can't get away with measuring any old thing and modifying it, damn these stupid rules

Woodwould
22nd September 2009, 08:46 AM
An antiques dealer mightn't cherish you crawling all over one of his pieces of furniture with a tape measure, but it's a fairly common sight to see people measuring up lots at auctions. Is there a good antiques auction house in your locale?