PDA

View Full Version : Supriise Supriiiise Supriiiiise - not Gomer Pyle

Calm
23rd September 2009, 08:54 AM
Thats right not Gomer but one of his fellow countrymen. I know your saying he's lost the plot (Calm that is) - well i thought i had.

Worked 5 days last week and when i got home there was a card in the letter box to pick up a parcel, I knew i hadnt ordered anything (well i was pretty sure , but i am never positive these days) so i left it a couple of days then went down and there was a box with my name on it.

So a big thankyou to the Yank (term of endearment) who sent it, I am not naming you but this was uncalled for, unexpected, and really blew me away. So as Gomer would say THANKYA, THANKYA, THANKYA :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: :D:D:D

Anyone has ideas of what to make feel free to suggest - havent measured it but its about 250mm by 100mm .

My first thought is using the bowl saver part off at the bark inclusion and make the bottom bit a small platter/shallow bowl.

Now i'm off to be Ernie again until next Tuesday - might see you sometime Jeff

Thanks ED you really shouldnt have done that.

Cheers

Cliff Rogers
23rd September 2009, 09:01 AM
What is it? :?

Calm
23rd September 2009, 09:20 AM
Red Elm Cliff, the note says "thought you might like to try your hand at some American wood"

I am a very happy man with some Yanky wood - but once again bloody work gets in the way.

Heres some bigger photos

Cheers

Rum Pig
23rd September 2009, 09:36 AM
Very nice Very generous:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

artme
23rd September 2009, 10:04 AM
:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: For your generous benefactor David, and all power to you for receiving such a surprise.

tea lady
23rd September 2009, 10:22 AM
:oo: :U That's a big one. Should give the Stubby something to think about.... eventually. :cool:

Ozkaban
23rd September 2009, 11:30 AM
Nice Pressie, and generous benefactor :2tsup:

Interested to see what you make from it.

Cheers,
Dave

Grumpy John
23rd September 2009, 11:35 AM
No good deed goes unrewarded

Ed Reiss
23rd September 2009, 12:42 PM
No good deed goes unrewarded

...ain't that the truth...half expecting that all the parts to your new shed weren't packed, John :doh::D:D:D

ElizaLeahy
23rd September 2009, 01:18 PM
That is a pretty piece of wood! I got a surprise in the mail too - I'll take a photo of it when I can :)

jefferson
24th September 2009, 06:42 PM
Now i'm off to be Ernie again until next Tuesday - might see you sometime Jeff

Cheers

David, you're welcome anytime as you know. But I've got the bug bad and I'm onto my second lot of antibiotics. Haven't been out of bed or the house most of the week, so be warned...... :rolleyes:

I've got some parcels myself to send off too, I hope the drugs kick in soon.

Ed Reiss
25th September 2009, 12:14 PM
David, you're welcome anytime as you know. But I've got the bug bad and I'm onto my second lot of antibiotics. Haven't been out of bed or the house most of the week, so be warned...... :rolleyes:

I've got some parcels myself to send off too, I hope the drugs kick in soon.

...depends on the kind of drugs, Jeff :; take care of yourself & get better soon.