PDA

View Full Version : What now?

ElizaLeahy
26th September 2009, 05:30 PM
Now it's stuck....

wheelinround
26th September 2009, 05:33 PM
Your not supposed to glue it Elisa :doh:

Need a very fine bladed knife slice and hand turn the chuck apply a little bit of side ways twisting once it starts to go in.

Ray

ElizaLeahy
26th September 2009, 06:17 PM
But the superglue stops it from flying off!!!!

Oh, ok :(

Got it off with the knife trick - thanks!

Now if only I hadn't misjudged the thickness of the base...

Now I have to make a stand to fill the hole!

LOL

:D

wheelinround
26th September 2009, 06:46 PM
I thought you were talking about the lid being stuck Elisa :o

You meant the base well that should stick you still did well get yourself an old hacksaw just grind the teeth flat along the edge make a point like a skew but not to sharp.

Did you go through the bottom :roll::rolleyes: PIc's of the hole go on.

no problem reverse chuck it clean up around the hole very careful. remove it.
choose a wood different colour for a base you'll be happy with. You may need you clean up inside the bowl again do that first after you have glued the base on. Then finish the base

ElizaLeahy
26th September 2009, 07:36 PM
I did mean the lid, it was well jammed :)

But I got it loose, then when I cut off the bottom of the, errr, bottom, I cut through the base. Nice clean round hole!

I've made a stand out of some jarrah and marrie (?) pen blanks I'd glued together, then I took it off the lathe before remembering to polish it!

So I Danish oiled it.

Then I made the finial. In the dark because I wasn't going to let a little thing like night stop me. I have a 40 watt bulb out there. My nose was so close it kept getting friction burn :)

But the finial is now finished, and, beccause the Danish oil was out, it's soaking in it.

I'll take a photo soon and put it in the Challenge section. But first I better put on dinner, I just realised why Zoe kept coming out and saying "are you coming in soon?"

artme
27th September 2009, 01:08 AM
Ya gunnado that agin, jist ta make sure ya knows hows not ta do it?:D:D:p

ElizaLeahy
27th September 2009, 08:55 AM
I thought the idea of a jam chuck was for it to JAM!

wheelinround
27th September 2009, 09:22 AM
:doh::roll:

If it was a Jam chuck why did you glue it :?

Being a Jam chuck it would have been recessed and using the knife would not have been a good thing:no:.

Lack of information on your part Elisa :~

ElizaLeahy
27th September 2009, 09:34 AM
I didn't glue it.

It is a box. The lid was jammed on the bottom so I could turn the top. It stuck.

Ed Reiss
27th September 2009, 12:15 PM
kinda' tight, huh? ...definitely a vacuum fit :doh::D