PDA

View Full Version : Small micromesh group order

BoomerangInfo
3rd October 2009, 07:21 PM
Hi Folks,

I want to get some Micromesh sheets from the US. I'm looking at the standard 9 sheet range from 1500 - 12000, not the acrylic double sided finishing pads, although they do have an interesting 3"x4" double sided set of 9 grades I'm going to get one of to try for myself.

I have room for 4 extra sets in the parcel I'm getting I think. So I'm wondering, does anyone else want to get one of these 4 sets? I figure the cost delivered to you in Australia would be $19 a set at current exchange rates.

If so, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks. Russell.

poulso
3rd October 2009, 08:18 PM
Hi Russell
I'll buy a set.just let me know
how you would like to be paid.
Cheers Jason:2tsup:

Pat
3rd October 2009, 08:25 PM
Russell, count me in. As above could you please forward details for payment and I'll send you my addy.

More toys :U

Big Shed
3rd October 2009, 08:52 PM
Please add me to the list Russell, never tried MicroMesh, seems a good time to try it.

As above, please let me know payment details.

FRB Design
3rd October 2009, 09:12 PM
Might be worth a look?

MICRO-MESH SANDPAPER SOFT TOUCH PADS - POLISHING KIT - eBay Other Tools, Supplies, Tools, Supplies, Model Building, Toys, Hobbies. (end time 03-Oct-09 22:15:11 AEST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MICRO-MESH-SANDPAPER-SOFT-TOUCH-PADS-POLISHING-KIT_W0QQitemZ230380781393QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Toys_Hobbies_Model_Kits?hash=item35a3c3bf51&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)

Pat
3rd October 2009, 10:05 PM
The Sandpaperman (http://www.thesandpaperman.com.au/) is a forum sponsor and a pleasure to deal with for all abrasives.

BoomerangInfo
3rd October 2009, 10:18 PM
Might be worth a look?

MICRO-MESH SANDPAPER SOFT TOUCH PADS - POLISHING KIT - eBay Other Tools, Supplies, Tools, Supplies, Model Building, Toys, Hobbies. (end time 03-Oct-09 22:15:11 AEST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MICRO-MESH-SANDPAPER-SOFT-TOUCH-PADS-POLISHING-KIT_W0QQitemZ230380781393QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Toys_Hobbies_Model_Kits?hash=item35a3c3bf51&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)

Those are OK if you can use then that small, but I like something bigger I can wrap around my fingers. I'm fairly harsh on the stuff too, and the bigger sheets let me use the different parts for quite a while before having to clean them. I'm surprised my first set has lasted as long as it has. Of course it hsn't helped that I've only had 1 set for both wood and acrylic. I definitely recommend different sets for each finish type.

If more than 4 people are interested, I'll re-look at the order, but there's a steep jump in postage (from US $13 to $41) when you go over the minimum size.

Russell.

NewLondon88
4th October 2009, 03:55 AM
I definitely agree on keeping separate sets. I have one set for woods (another one just
for light/white woods .. holly etc.) one for metals and one for acrylics and CA. I also
use that set for buffing out scratches in eyeglasses, sunglasses or my face shield and
safety goggles.

I keep them in a bucket of water with a few drops of dish soap. They cut much nicer
wet, don't overheat and melt, the soap helps with lubrication and they don't load up like
other sanding materials. I have one set that is still going strong after 2 years..

Once a month or so I take them to the sink and gently scrub with a fingernail brush or
a soft toothbrush. Then I return them to the bucket. Change out the water if it gets
dirty, but keep a little soap in the water.

I know some users put them in a bag and throw them in the washing machine with
the rest of the laundry and they say it works just fine.

Simomatra
4th October 2009, 04:46 AM
Look here CWS Store - Micro Mesh Sanding Sheets | Carroll's Woodcraft Supplies (http://www.cws.au.com/shop/category/-micro-mesh-sanding-sheets)

This is good value and a forum sponsor. I use this product and can't fault it. You can also cut to sizes. Cut in half and you have a set for each.

Why not try a bulk buy with Jim

BoomerangInfo
4th October 2009, 06:59 AM
Look here CWS Store - Micro Mesh Sanding Sheets | Carroll's Woodcraft Supplies (http://www.cws.au.com/shop/category/-micro-mesh-sanding-sheets)

This is good value and a forum sponsor. I use this product and can't fault it. You can also cut to sizes. Cut in half and you have a set for each.

Why not try a bulk buy with Jim

That's the same set I'm talking about getting from OS. I'm all for supporting local suppliers, and regularly do. But given the price on those though, plus postage to me, plus postage out again to everyone, I doubt we'll get Jim back to about $17 a set for 5 - 10 sets, assuming he would provide "bulk" discounts, which I don't know.

I've tried to look locally, and I can't find any better prices. If people feel there is something wrong with buying from overseas, they don't have to participate. If anyone can find a local suppliers than can provide thee at less than $19 delivered, please speak up.

Russell.

madcraft
4th October 2009, 05:41 PM
Russel

If you still have room count me in , I'll need some details for the $

BoomerangInfo
4th October 2009, 06:20 PM
I'm just confirming with the supplier how many sets will fit in an envelope, and then I will provide final details.

Could be a couple days before I get a reply.

Russell.

BoomerangInfo
6th October 2009, 07:11 AM
Still waiting on a response from the supplier. Thought I would have had a message this morning, but not yet.

Russell.

pommyphil
6th October 2009, 10:24 AM
I'll jump in if it helps ? :)

BoomerangInfo
6th October 2009, 08:45 PM
Ok well it looks like we can actually get 15 - 20 sets if needed.

So, I have the following people wanting a set. Anyone else who wants in, I'll be placing the order on Thursday probably, assuming the dentist doesn't rip my teeth out tomorrow.

Poulso
Pat
Big Shed x 2
Madcraft
Pommyphil
FRB Design x2
I wanna shed
Simomatra

Anyone else? Or any changes to the above list?

Russell.

FRB Design
6th October 2009, 08:49 PM
Will take 2 sets.

Regards,

Frank.

I_wanna_Shed
6th October 2009, 10:02 PM
Hi Russell,

Thanks for organising this and extedning the offer!

I'd like to be in for a set. HOWEVER, I won't be able to get payment to you until next week - I will be out of town until Tuesday. If this is a prob, then feel free to drop me off the list.

Cheers,
Nathan.

Big Shed
6th October 2009, 10:19 PM
Sounds good Russell, could you increase my order to 2 please?

Thanks for organising this.

Simomatra
7th October 2009, 04:13 AM
Russel

Put me down as well, thanks

BoomerangInfo
7th October 2009, 06:47 AM
OK,

Previous list updated.

I can carry the costs for a litlte while, so that's fine. I will send out bank details once I place the order. If anyone has a problem doing bank transfers, PM me and we'll discuss options.

Russell.

Rippa
7th October 2009, 03:30 PM
Am I to late to put my name in the ring for a set.

Thanks
Rippa

BoomerangInfo
7th October 2009, 08:14 PM
No worries Rippa, you're down for one.

I'm recovering from a tooth extraction, so haven't ordered yet. Will be placing the order tomorrow morning when I get home and feel a bit more normal.

Russell.

BoomerangInfo
8th October 2009, 05:09 PM
OK Folks,

The order has been placed. As we ordered a few more than I originally planned, the average price has come down slightly, so it'll be $18.50 each set delivered.

I also couldn't resist ordering 1 more of the soft touch, double sided 3"x4" sets as well, as they're over twice the size of the ones we can get here. But have since decided I don't REALLY need it. So if anyone else is interested, the first person to reply saying they want it can have it for $23 with their other set(s).

I'll PM the bank deposit details to each of you, but no rush. I don't need it back till they arrive and I'm ready to send them out to you, which will probably be a week or two.

Russell.

pommyphil
8th October 2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks Russell :2tsup:

sundowner
8th October 2009, 06:04 PM
russell
bit late,if you end up with a spare put me in
graham

conwood
8th October 2009, 06:22 PM
wot he sed
The Sandpaperman (http://www.thesandpaperman.com.au/) is a forum sponsor and a pleasure to deal with for all abrasives.

BoomerangInfo
10th October 2009, 04:18 PM
russell
bit late,if you end up with a spare put me in
graham

I don't think there will be any spare, but once I've got it and sorted, I'll let you know.

Russell.

BoomerangInfo
16th October 2009, 08:14 PM
Hey All,

The Micromesh arrived today. I'm just doing up enveloped now.

If you haven't sent me your postal address yet, please do, and I think a couple of people have yet to pay.

I'll be posting them out starting tomorrow (depending if I can find stamps somewhere, P.O. isn't open tomorrow here).

Will post an update about who has been sent, or who is outstanding when I get it all sorted.

Russell.

BoomerangInfo
16th October 2009, 08:47 PM
OK so status is :-

Awaiting payment from :-

Madcraft
FRB Designs
and either Pat or Poulso

Awaiting Postal Address from :-
Pommyphil
Madcraft
FRB Designs

Ready to post (pending stamps) :-

IWannaShed
Big Shed
Simomatra
Rippa

Rippa
21st October 2009, 03:12 PM
Micromesh arrived today. Thanks Russell for all your organizing.:2tsup:

Rippa

BoomerangInfo
21st October 2009, 05:09 PM
Micromesh arrived today. Thanks Russell for all your organizing.:2tsup:

Rippa

No worries. Hopefully most people should get theirs today. I just have 2 left to send. Hope they all arrive successfully.

Russell.

I_wanna_Shed
21st October 2009, 09:52 PM
Hi Russell,

My Micro Mesh arrived today. :D

Thanks heaps again for organising and extending the offer, much appreciated mate :2tsup:

Nathan.

Simomatra
22nd October 2009, 01:13 PM
Thanks Russell mine arrived today. thanks a lot for doing all the organising

poulso
22nd October 2009, 08:57 PM
Thanks Russell mine arrived today as well.

Cheers Jason

Pat
22nd October 2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks Russell. Mine arrived safely today.

BoomerangInfo
22nd October 2009, 09:31 PM
Good to see they're all turning up OK. I'm waiting to see if one in particualr arrives, or I could be in a little trouble :-

Russell.

Big Shed
22nd October 2009, 09:41 PM
Mine arrived today as well Russell, thanks.

FRB Design
23rd October 2009, 02:04 PM
Thanks Russell mine arrived today,well done.

Kind Regards,

Frank.

madcraft
23rd October 2009, 04:41 PM
Hi Russell

mine arrived today thanks for organizing , :2tsup:

BoomerangInfo
23rd October 2009, 05:05 PM
Hi Russell

mine arrived today thanks for organizing , :2tsup:

Phew,

Thank goodness. That was the one I wasn't sure if I posted or not.

So that leaves just one to mail when good old Aussie Post decides to deliver payment to me.

Russell.

sundowner
29th October 2009, 02:05 PM
Russell mine arrived today,must have got the racing pigeon,thanks graham

BoomerangInfo
29th October 2009, 02:09 PM
Thank goodness. That should be everyone done & dusted now.

Thanks all for participating. Now onto the other two group buys :p

Russell.