PDA

View Full Version : bouncing lathe video?

Daddy3x
15th October 2009, 08:20 AM
I went through the search and could not find that vid of the gentleman turning a bowl on a smaller lathe while it is bouncing and dancing all over the table. He was trying to demo the process. I am almost certain I saw it posted on this site. Trying to describe to it a brother and pass it on to him. Anyone rememeber? I might be mistaken for seeing it here.

Ed Reiss
15th October 2009, 12:25 PM
...yea, it was a dude somewhere in the Middle East that was having a bit of difficulty...too damn big a piece for that piece of #*!% lathe he was using. Surprised that no one got killed.

It posted about 4 or 5 months ago...hope that helps in your search. :D

Daddy3x
15th October 2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks Ed, I'll keep looking. Nothing to do now that U.S. in getting smacked 2-0 in qualifying.

I was trying to describe that lathe operator the other day trying not to laugh. He was making all kinds of racket. Surprised it didn't turn out to be a gory blooper.

rotten_66
15th October 2009, 01:47 PM
http://www.woodworkforums.com/f8/dancing-wood-lathe-89461/?highlight=lathe+video

Unfortunately the video from youtube that you are after is "gone"

Daddy3x
16th October 2009, 01:36 PM
Thanks. It was just too funny scary to not watch again. Maybe we can be blessed to see another power tool video. Although it would be a tough go to top that.