PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of lathes

hotrod100
10th August 2004, 06:16 PM
Hi Guy's
Anyone know whatever happened to WOODFAST lathes, are they still available,and in production? or have thay gone by the way. If they have gone it seem's a pity, as they seemed a damb fine lathe. :D
rod

macca2
10th August 2004, 08:38 PM
Hi Guy's
Anyone know whatever happened to WOODFAST lathes, are they still available,and in production? or have thay gone by the way. If they have gone it seem's a pity, as they seemed a damb fine lathe. :D
rod

Hotrod..try this site

Macca

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/lathes/woodfast.html

gatiep
10th August 2004, 09:11 PM
That ia an American site and can easily be outdated.

hotrod100
10th August 2004, 09:34 PM
Hi Macca
I think Gatiep is right, and that is a old craft supplies site, (interesting to see that they are still using the same design stand, now on the Vicmarc's). I went to there home site, just to find out there current range of lathe's and guess what no "WOODFAST".
So back to the question, whatever happened to WOODFAST. :D
Rod

Cliff Rogers
10th August 2004, 10:14 PM
G'day.

They are still in the phone directory....

Woodfast Machinery Co
1 Findon Rd Woodville 5011
Ph (08) 8445 2577
Fax (08) 8268 2708

Give them a call or send them a fax.

The address on the current listing is different to the address in
several other web directories so they may have just moved.

I also note that several web links to them are now dead so
it would appear that they don't have a current web presence.

hotrod100
10th August 2004, 10:36 PM
G'Day Cliff
Well if these guy's are still in production , (as your information would indicate), I'm curious as to there apparent lack of lathe production and there apparent demise from the lathe market. Guess I'll just have to give them a ring tommorow,will keep you posted. :D
Rod

macca2
29th September 2004, 11:31 AM
I was talking to the supplier of my Woodfast 280 yesterday and he informed me that Woodfast were no longer making lathes. They are still making lathe accessories but no lathes. I wonder where this leaves us Woodfast owners regarding spares in the future. Has anyone else heard this.

Macca