PDA

View Full Version : Router dovetail jig

CHRISTAN
12th August 2004, 01:22 PM
have a bunch of plexiglass and wondered if I could make a dovetail jig with it.Im a little perplexed by the comlex nature of the pictures of homemades and store bought.How hard is it really to make one?Does any one know of some detailed plans available?

Dan
12th August 2004, 01:54 PM
You could try a Stots (http://www.stots.com/tm.htm) template master. On one of the pages on the site there is a pic of a jig made partially out clear plastic (don't know if it is plexiglass).

CHRISTAN
12th August 2004, 04:15 PM
Dan I have a few good size strips of plexi. Im planning on making some celtic knot patterns on my molding where I live.Its really hard to line everything up if you cant see.Just thought youd be interested I know I am really looking forward to seeing the end product.I have a cutter called a Schliecher.Its meant to razor cut picture frames .A family member was going to sell it for 300-400US.It was so cool I saved it.Its a frigging guillotine for wood!I just have to figure out some of the attachments.The point is I can make really nicecuts on small width pieces for inlay.Peace Christan