PDA

View Full Version : Combined shed warming/Christmas bash

Pages : [1] 2

Grumpy John
4th November 2009, 07:03 PM
After attending so many "turn-fests" at rssr's, 's and DJ's, I feel it is only fair that I host this years Christmas bash. It will be a perfect opportunity to wet the new sheds head, so to speak. Due to work commitments the only day available for me to host the event is Sunday 13th Dec. Not too sure of an agenda yet so I am open to suggestions.

jefferson
4th November 2009, 09:02 PM
GJ, very short warning.....:rolleyes:

If you make it sometime in the New Year, I'll be there. Booked solid until after Xmas. Particularly as I'm hoping to get down to Vic Wood's sale end of November.

Also, I'm assuming you've got the shed wired for A/C and can borrow a lathe or three for us all to play on. (Not a Stubby though, Calm would be too much. :D:D:D)

rsser
4th November 2009, 09:22 PM
Sounds good GJ.

Agenda: you demo the Escoulen chuck for us on a 20" bowl blank :D

jefferson
4th November 2009, 10:16 PM
Sounds good GJ.

I will definitely be there regardless of the dates for the demo. Hard hat, face shield and kevlar ready to go..... :D:D:D

Now that little exercise will test the Jet (a little). :wink:

Post script - can someone tape the demo for the Tube?

Grumpy John
4th November 2009, 10:24 PM
Sounds good GJ.

Sorry Ern & Jeff, the Jet's a 1642, 16" max dia. :wink:.

tea lady
4th November 2009, 10:33 PM
:cool::2tsup: :think: Wonder how I'd make an xmas Chocy ripple cake. :D

jefferson
4th November 2009, 10:38 PM

Alright, GJ, make it 16 inch with the Esc chuck and we will ALL be there.... :D:D:D

Chocolate ripple cake at the hospital / funerals....

DJ’s Timber
4th November 2009, 11:01 PM

I will definitely be there regardless of the dates for the demo. Hard hat, face shield and kevlar ready to go..... :D:D:D

Maybe he could demo a 24" blank on a VL300 in his driveway or maybe it'd be better if I leave the lathe chained on the back of a 8 1/2 ton truck :o :U

tea lady
4th November 2009, 11:04 PM
Maybe he could demo a 24" blank on a VL300 in his driveway or maybe it'd be better if I leave the lathe chained on the back of a 8 1/2 ton truck :o :U:2tsup::D

TTIT
4th November 2009, 11:05 PM
.............. the event is Sunday 13th Dec. ..............Damn:C - missed it by thaaaaaat much :B :U

rsser
5th November 2009, 06:13 AM

You have a headstock you can move to the bed end don't you?

:D

Calm
5th November 2009, 07:55 AM
You have a headstock you can move to the bed end don't you?

:D

I agree Ern - move the headstock to the bed end and DJ has a portable/freestanding Toolrest i'm sure he would lend you :D:D - where's your sense of adventure Grumpy.

I'll be there John ol pal with bells on - I'll even try really hard not to "slag" the Jet :2tsup::2tsup::q:q:D:D

So that's Christmas at GJ's and Then Jeff's for the New year wasn't it? boy i'm busy

Cheers

rsser
5th November 2009, 08:25 AM
David, go ahead and slag the Jet.

It needs a clean.

White colour shows all the crud don't ya know.

jefferson
5th November 2009, 08:34 AM
Speaking of Jet lathes, I saw one at Prossie. Not sure about the electrics, but the beast sure weighed some. Just ask my back.....

Grumpy John
5th November 2009, 07:19 PM
I agree Ern - move the headstock to the bed end and DJ has a portable/freestanding Toolrest i'm sure he would lend you :D:D - where's your sense of adventure Grumpy.

You're just full of helpful hints today aren't you David :rolleyes:.

I'll be there John ol pal with bells on - I'll even try really hard not to "slag" the Jet :2tsup::2tsup::q:q:D:D

So that's Christmas at GJ's and Then Jeff's for the New year wasn't it? boy i'm busy

Cheers

Maybe you could bring the Stubby down in the back of the Mazda, or better still, on the motorbike :p.

tea lady
5th November 2009, 07:59 PM
And what other toys do you have to play with. Didi you mention a "spiralling tool" or something? :think:

steck
6th November 2009, 09:24 AM
Hi John,
I have put the date in my calendar! It looks like I will be in town for this one! Woohoo!
I'd love to see your new chuck in action!
We Jet 1642 owners have to stick together!

Calm
6th November 2009, 09:30 AM
And what other toys do you have to play with. Didi you mention a "spiralling tool" or something? :think:

Sometimes your questions are a bit personal don't you think AM:D:D

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH Shed toys - now i understand

Cheers

rsser
6th November 2009, 01:05 PM
Not everyone first thinks of pigs in that context David ;-}

tea lady
6th November 2009, 05:43 PM
Not everyone first thinks of pigs in that context David ;-}Yes! We're not ALL from the country Calm.:p

Ed Reiss
7th November 2009, 12:59 PM
well, it's nice to see that some things are universal in the world:;

rsser
7th November 2009, 01:46 PM
Yeah.

But we don't have to shovel the snow to get in the shed Ed.

Woodwould
7th November 2009, 03:33 PM
Are non-dowel-makers welcome GJ? If so, I might come along and help clog the place up a bit.

Ed Reiss
7th November 2009, 11:25 PM
Yeah.

But we don't have to shovel the snow to get in the shed Ed.

well Ern, unless it's a really, really, really bad blizzard, I don't either since we have inside stairs leading to the basement :q:D:D:D
...also, don't you guys have to run an obstacle course to avoid those nasty yard spiders?

hughie
7th November 2009, 11:57 PM
Spiders? Nah, got boots :U

Ed Reiss
8th November 2009, 12:24 AM
...guess Skew's in trouble then :roll::D:D

Grumpy John
8th November 2009, 06:44 AM
OK, let's get back on track. So far it looks like the usual suspects have put their hand up to attend. Anne Maria, Ern, David and Jefferson plus a couple of new faces, Woodwould and Steck (Steve) :2tsup:. I sent a PM to and he thinks he should be available to attend, he'll confirm when he gets back from his travels.
As for agenda, I'm willing to demo the Escoulen chuck on any timber that will fit on my lathe, without going outboard as I only have the standard set of counterweights. Yes Anne Maria, I also purchased a spiralling/texturing tool at the WWW show and you're quite welcome to have a play with it.

Grumpy John
8th November 2009, 07:13 AM
...also, don't you guys have to run an obstacle course to avoid those nasty yard spiders?

Barkers eggs can be a problem too :rolleyes::D.

tea lady
8th November 2009, 09:16 AM
Yes Anne Maria, I also purchased a spiralling/texturing tool at the WWW show and you're quite welcome to have a play with it.

:cool: OK! I'll see if I can make something REALLY tacky. :D Spiralled handle on a mallet perhaps. :rolleyes: One piece of a chess set. http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/standard/biggrin.gif

Ed Reiss
8th November 2009, 12:07 PM
Barkers eggs can be a problem too :rolleyes::D.

...well hell, John, you don't expect the barkers to clean up after themselves, do you ? ...that's what kids are for :U

rsser
8th November 2009, 01:14 PM
DJs a whiz with the spiralling tool.

tea lady
9th November 2009, 09:10 AM
DJs a whiz with the spiralling tool.:2tsup: ...or maybe a dizz'? :think: :D

I've heard talk of a pole lathe or treadle lathe that someone has. (Skew?:think: ) Maybe that could come. I'll give everyone a laugh.:D

Woodwould
9th November 2009, 09:39 AM
Maybe Tea lady could do some dancing around the pole lathe.

tea lady
9th November 2009, 11:27 AM
Maybe Tea lady could do some dancing around the pole lathe.:p If you sing Wouldwood.:D

Woodwould
9th November 2009, 11:33 AM
:p If you sing Wouldwood.:D

Sorry, I don't know that song; can you hum it for me please?

Grumpy John
9th November 2009, 04:39 PM
I've selected 4 pieces for the off centre bowl. Please advise on which I one I should prepare for mounting on the Escoulen chuck.

Grey Box 240 dia. x 110, approx. 4Kg.
121541 121542

Blackwood 280 dia. x 110, approx. 6Kg.
121543 121544

Silky Oak 260 dia. x 150, approx. 3.5Kg.
121545 121546

Blue Spruce 320 dia. x 135, approx 6Kg.
121547 121548

If anybody wants to see anything larger being turned offset they can BYO and DIT :p:D.

nalmo
12th November 2009, 07:15 PM
Count me in too please. I always love to come along and meet the eccentric turners.

rsser
18th November 2009, 01:44 PM
I'm doing a shed clean-out and have a spare Sunbeam electric frypan for melting paraffin wax in for end-grain sealing. Can bring it down if anyone wants it. It's the old aluminium square style. $5

nalmo
19th November 2009, 08:21 PM
I'm interested if not sold yet thanks ern.

rsser
19th November 2009, 08:44 PM
Done.

Note to self: remember frying chips on Sun 13. Leave helmet on when paying for juice with frypan strapped to motorbike pillion.

Grumpy John
4th December 2009, 07:00 AM
O.K., here's an updated list of attendees for the forthcoming shed bash: Anne Maria (Tea Lady), Ern (RSSER), David (Calm), Woodwould, Steve (Steck), Lewis (Issatree), and Nalmo. As for agenda/demos I think that the Escoulen chuck will take up most of the time with perhaps some spiralling thrown in if I can convince a certain moderator to attend (you know who you are :rolleyes:). More importantly I was thinking that this should just be a get together with forum members catching up before Christmas and having one last BS session before the new year. I will be sending a bulk PM with my address and contact details. See ya'all on the 13th.

Added: If anyone has anything for sell or swap, bring it along and we'll set up a table.

DJ’s Timber
4th December 2009, 08:37 AM
with perhaps some spiralling thrown in if I can convince a certain moderator to attend (you know who you are :rolleyes:).

You can't be talking about me :no:, as I've resigned :q

I am intending on attending, but anything could happen between now and then as it the end of the year and work normally gets hectic and I may have to work.

Allan at Wallan
4th December 2009, 09:55 AM
Would like to come but this is the fourth "celebration"
occurring on that date. Impossible to attend all.

Best wishes for a successful day.:2tsup:

Allan

Grumpy John
4th December 2009, 12:22 PM
You can't be talking about me :no:, as I've resigned :q

I am intending on attending, but anything could happen between now and then as it the end of the year and work normally gets hectic and I may have to work.

Maybe I was, maybe I wasn't :rolleyes:. You're invited anyway, and see if you can drag Skew along with you.

Apologies to those I PM'd, it seems the whereis map does not open showing directions to my place. Just type in the address in the appropriate place and you will get the details.

Ed Reiss
4th December 2009, 12:42 PM
I've selected 4 pieces for the off centre bowl. Please advise on which I one I should prepare for mounting on the Escoulen chuck.

:p:D.

John...how 'bout the one with the checks, should work :p:D:D:D

rsser
4th December 2009, 12:53 PM
Good idea Ed.

GJ, I'll bring down a visor for you.

We'll all be supporting you to the max; standing outside the shed with a few tinnies and 000 dialed on the mobile ready to call :D

Ed Reiss
4th December 2009, 01:03 PM
and know John that I've got your back....from about 11,000 k away:2tsup::q:D:D:D

Sturdee
4th December 2009, 04:09 PM
I'd like to come but I doubt that I can make it.

I've volunteered to pick up my daughter from her work's Xmas party at about 3.00am that morning and the next day my wife is going to Queensland to visit her ailing mother for 5 weeks.

So spending the day at home (after a sleep in :D) might be wiser.

Peter.

rsser
4th December 2009, 04:55 PM
There's an opportunity for an entrepreneur here.

A mini-bus circling Melbourne with regular pick ups/drop offs during the day.

Would deal with the 05 menace and offer a chance to folk to snooze between engagements.

Grumpy John
4th December 2009, 09:33 PM

I don't do checks (cheques) Ed. I find more often than not they bounce :rolleyes:.

steck
5th December 2009, 09:08 AM
gidday John,
What time is kick off?
Is there anything you would like me to bring?

Grumpy John
5th December 2009, 08:24 PM
gidday John,
What time is kick off?
Is there anything you would like me to bring?

9 AM or thereabouts, bring meat, drink and something to sit on :D.

tea lady
5th December 2009, 10:02 PM
I don't do checks (cheques) Ed. I find more often than not they bounce :rolleyes:.:shrug: Bouncing could be good in this situation.:D

Ed Reiss
6th December 2009, 12:53 PM
I don't do checks (cheques) Ed. I find more often than not they bounce :rolleyes:.

so do bowls if the catch is deep enuff':doh:

artme
7th December 2009, 04:07 AM

You volunteering to do the Fearless Fosdick chip duck dance are you Ed??:D:D:D:p

tea lady
7th December 2009, 07:53 AM
You volunteering to do the Fearless Fosdick chip duck dance are you Ed??:D:D:D:p:rofl:

Ed Reiss
7th December 2009, 12:39 PM
You volunteering to do the Fearless Fosdick chip duck dance are you Ed??:D:D:D:p

Nope...wouldn't even if I did know what the hell that meant, Art:q:D:D:D

Should have been "chip dodging"

Fearless Fosdick was a detective in the Lil' Abner comic strip. To keep his job he would be summonsed to head quarters where sevral officers with guns would fire live bullets at him. He would have to skilfully dodge them.

That comic strip was possibly the best satirical thing to come out of America.

RETIRED
7th December 2009, 12:45 PM
Nope...wouldn't even if I did know what the hell that meant, Art:q:D:D:DAl Capp's Fearless Fosdick: Comic Book Art - Underground Comix (http://www.deniskitchen.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=bios.fosdick)

tea lady
7th December 2009, 12:51 PM
Al Capp's Fearless Fosdick: Comic Book Art - Underground Comix (http://www.deniskitchen.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=bios.fosdick):D I must do a "Fearless Fosdick retires and takes up woodturnign" cartoon.:D

Grumpy John
7th December 2009, 06:42 PM
:cool::2tsup: :think: Wonder how I'd make an xmas Chocy ripple cake. :D

Soaking the chock ripple bickies in brandy would give it the Christmas spirit :eat::drunk22:. You guys in the up over don't know what you're missing 'till you've tried a chock ripple cake, it would be worth the air fare alone to sample one.

Grumpy John
7th December 2009, 06:46 PM
If anyone attending the "Galah Shed Opening" has any unwanted tools/timber that they would like to offload bring it/them along and I'll set up a buy/sell/swap table.

RETIRED
7th December 2009, 07:38 PM
Cream, biccies, and a little sherry. Nothing else needed to ruin it.:wink::D

tea lady
7th December 2009, 10:18 PM
Cream, biccies, and a little sherry. Nothing else needed to ruin it.:wink::D:rolleyes:

tea lady
7th December 2009, 10:22 PM
Soaking the chock ripple bickies in brandy would give it the Christmas spirit :eat::drunk22:. You guys in the up over don't know what you're missing 'till you've tried a chock ripple cake, it would be worth the air fare alone to sample one.I'll make a boring one for and a chrissy one for the rest of us.:D I was thinking brandy soaked fruit mixed in with the cream. :stirthepot:

rodent
7th December 2009, 11:50 PM
Hello every one sorry i haven't been on line lately . I had to get another truck ie (nissan patrol ) the collision with the back of a 10 tonner killed it . didn't even get to the show . So fred (crazyskew ) and I would like to attend , if that's all right john . oh and jess turned 18 on the 28th of november so we dont know were she will be .So your just stuck with us is that all right . Ps i'll try for some rum'mmmm balls john .

Grumpy John
8th December 2009, 05:40 AM
Hello every one sorry i haven't been on line lately . I had to get another truck ie (nissan patrol ) the collision with the back of a 10 tonner killed it . didn't even get to the show . So fred (crazyskew ) and I would like to attend , if that's all right john . oh and jess turned 18 on the 28th of november so we dont know were she will be .So your just stuck with us is that all right . Ps i'll try for some rum'mmmm balls john .

PM sent with details, but ya gotta bring Jess :D.

Groggy
8th December 2009, 09:23 PM
Just before the Melbourne WWW Show I bought a 5ltr tub of EEE Ultra Shine from Neil for a pretty good price. I am offering a 250ml tub to anyone who would like some for $10 (slightly over half price).

If interested please let me know by PM and I will make sure I bring a tub along for you.

(Tea Lady, yours is already packed up)

Disclaimers: There is little or no profit on this and Neil is aware I am selling it in this manner.

tea lady
11th December 2009, 09:14 AM
(Tea Lady, yours is already packed up)
:2tsup:

RufflyRustic
11th December 2009, 10:06 AM
I'll make a boring one for and a chrissy one for the rest of us.:D I was thinking brandy soaked fruit mixed in with the cream. :stirthepot:

I bet there will be none of that cake left at the end of the day :D

Grumpy John
11th December 2009, 10:18 AM

End of the day!!!, you must be kidding. She'll prolly get hijacked coming "down the hill" from Belgrave :D:D:D.

tea lady
11th December 2009, 10:34 AM

End of the day!!!, you must be kidding. She'll prolly get hijacked coming "down the hill" from Belgrave :D:D:D.:D Will try not to drive round the corners too quickly.:rolleyes: :whistling: (I'll also stay between the lines.:cool:)

Grumpy John
11th December 2009, 12:17 PM
I have mounted and roughed out the Blue Spruce blank ready for the eccentric demo on Sunday.

123951 123952 123953

Only a few little cracks, just to keep things interesting :rolleyes:.

DJ’s Timber
11th December 2009, 10:34 PM
Still don't know if I'll be there, flat out with work at the moment. Have tomorrow booked out and hopefully I'll get everything finished before the day is out and I'll be able to attend for an hour or two on Sunday.

GJ, can you also text or PM me your address, as it has been awhile since I visited and I haven't got it written down anywhere :shrug:

artme
12th December 2009, 03:05 AM
Very Proficient of you GJ!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

steck
12th December 2009, 12:03 PM
Thats a decent hunk of wood there GJ! I imagine that it will rock a bit when offset!
I'll bring a plate of lamingtons with me on Sunday.

tea lady
12th December 2009, 11:19 PM
One boring Choccy Ripple Coronary Cake (as Hubby called it:D ) and one Xmas Choccy Ripple Coronary Cake ready to go.:cool: All important things are covered. :D

mick61
13th December 2009, 12:08 AM
G`day too busy tomorrow bugger.TL hows the Tough going?
Mick:D

tea lady
13th December 2009, 12:45 AM
G`day too busy tomorrow bugger.TL hows the Tough going?
Mick:D Still haven't got too use it. :saddest: (Who's been talking about me? :oo: )

rsser
13th December 2009, 03:45 PM
Well, apologies for missing the heart-stopping fun ;-}

B*ggered back; couldn't get the motorbike out of the shed. Red face day.

GJ, don't recall Clint Eastwood accepting his limitations when he ran for Mayor.

Looking forward to pics.

Groggy
13th December 2009, 04:34 PM
A very informative day :2tsup: Saw the Escoulen chuck used in anger and got to have a go myself. It is a bit like trying to turn a wheel that is about to fall off a car :oo: It looks like a lot of fun could be had with one of those.

Thanks to our host Grumpy John :2tsup: Lots of cakes turned up, about one each and we got to see scoffing his favourite again *eek*.

Next BBQ I am volunteering my place (Hoppers) so the Westerners have a chance to save fuel and the Easterners get to drive between suspended pallets instead of expensive stone roadway siding and fancy artworks. :roll:

Planning on late January, 23 or 24th.

Big Shed
13th December 2009, 04:40 PM
I know it has been said before but..............

No pics, didn't happen:q

Jim Carroll
13th December 2009, 05:25 PM
Fred sounds like they were all stuffing their faces with cakes that they did not have time or want any incriminating photos.

Grumpy John
13th December 2009, 06:32 PM
Thank you all who attended, you all gave me a lot of pleasure and made for a great day.
O.K. you asked for it, photos that is.

Let me just get this chuck set up for you guys.
124094 124096 124095

David (Calm)

Greg (Groggy)

Steve (Steck)

(just )

Unfortunately the piece of timber (Blue Spruce) was not very co-operative and so the bowl never got finished. Never the less a few people had a go at using the chuck which was the main objective :rolleyes:.

Grumpy John
13th December 2009, 06:47 PM
The Attendees

Left to right, Steck, Tea Lady, Nalmo, Rodent

Left to right, Groggy, Tea Lady, Rodent & Nalmo trying to get through the door at the same time, Steck

Foreground to background, Steck, Grumpy John, , Tea Lady, Calm, Crazy Skew.

Left to right, Steve (a ring in), Rodent, Nalmo, Steck, GJ

Tea Lady, Calm, Nalmo, Crazy Skew, Rodent

DJ ordering two burgers with the lot and a bag of chips, while Gives Rodent lessons.

My sincere apologies to Issatree (Lewis), who drove all the way from Geelong for the event and kindly let me copy these pictures to post and I go and neglect to mention him :doh:. If any one has a picture with Lewis in it could they please post it.

Grumpy John
13th December 2009, 07:21 PM
has a crack at mastering the Sorby spiralling/texturing tool. There might even be a picture somewhere of reading the instructions :o :oo:.

124115 124116

124117 124118

Then DJ shows up and shows how it's done

124128 124129 124130

Even Calm got into the groove :rolleyes:.

Grumpy John
13th December 2009, 07:25 PM
Someone left this behind.

Send me a PM with your details and I'll post it to you.

There were also several articles of clothing left behind, but modesty prevents me from posting pictures :innocent::whistling:.

rsser
13th December 2009, 07:30 PM
Your gadget consultant was sidelined, else he coulda put right .... chatter tool is used on end grain.

Jim Carroll
13th December 2009, 07:42 PM
Ok Ern where did you see the chatter tool

Good to see the pics John

rsser
13th December 2009, 07:57 PM
It's DIY Jim, for a change ;-}

artme
13th December 2009, 08:00 PM
Looks like a good time was had by all.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Groggy
13th December 2009, 08:20 PM
Someone left this behind.

John, that was a 'giveaway' item, looks like it is yours now :wink:

Calm
13th December 2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks John for a great day.

I really enjoy these days but as usual i have been totally maligned & misrepresented so please anyone hearing details/stories/incidents that include me totally disregard them aws fictitious and inaccurate (unless it's good stuff)

Thanks John. - Merry Christmas all

Cheers

DJ’s Timber
13th December 2009, 09:49 PM
It was good to catch up with those that were still there when I turned up mid arvo :2tsup:.

What stories Calm? :o No lies were told :U

tea lady
13th December 2009, 10:27 PM
Yet another great turning day, although we are thinking of renaming the events "eatfests" .:D

GJ, Calm and Rodent.

Steck and Issatree.

READING INSTRUCTIONS!:oo:

Making spirals.:cool:

Maccano set for grown ups (who read instructions.:rolleyes: )

What happens if you do it on the end?

Interesting. (After attacking with spiralling AND texturing thingy.:cool: )

tea lady
13th December 2009, 10:39 PM
The spiral expert finally arrives, but finds kitchen closed.:rolleyes: (Actually, he's just lookin gin the window.:p Two people were already in the shed and everyone els was outside. :D) (No actually more than that were in the shed. But gee, it looked bigger in the photoes. :D :brick: )

Spiral Master finds that hasn't eaten ALL the Choccy Ripple cake yet.:cool:

GJ rounding a pine blank for the Spiral Master to shwow how its REALLY done. Calm "supervising" as usual.:rolleyes:

Spiral Master at work. Nalmo looking on.

Ta Daaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

GJ CLEANING:oo: :saddest:

I have no photos of the cake(S) so they never happened. Any calories not photographed don't count.:D:cool:

Grumpy John
14th December 2009, 06:20 AM
John, that was a 'giveaway' item, looks like it is yours now :wink:

Thanks Greg :2tsup:.

jefferson
14th December 2009, 07:38 AM
Sorry to have missed the official shed warming and catching up before Xmas.

DJ giving lessons, I sure would like to have seen that. :D:D:D

issatree
14th December 2009, 10:53 AM
Hi to the 10 that attended the Bash,
Thank you GJ John for the invite, & although it was a fair distance, it was well worth it. I had not seen that Chuck before, so that was something new to me. Also Sharpening the Tools on that Jig.
No Photos of the Cakes ? that was because they were consumed that quickly, TL & I weren't quick enough with our Cameras.
Hey John, I think you may of enhanced my photos, as they looked to good.
GJ John, thank you & Wendy for your hospitality, for providing the Tea, Coffee, Milk, & the rest , to keep us all well lubricated.
Got lost getting there, almost got lost, heading home, but found the Nepean, & yes, John it was easier & shorter & took the same time.
Anna Maria TL, is that right, you have a " Tough Lathe ", gee, we could have conversed all day about " The Tough ", those others can keep their 1642's & Stubbies, & Vm's, but I'll have my Tough any day.
Enough said, A Great Day was had by all.
Regards,
issatree, Lewis.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

tea lady
14th December 2009, 11:41 AM
Anna Maria TL, is that right, you have a " Tough Lathe ", gee, we could have conversed all day about " The Tough ", those others can keep their 1642's & Stubbies, & Vm's, but I'll have my Tough any day.

Regards,
issatree, Lewis.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">:oo: Do you? :2tsup: Maybe we should get our own "area".:think: "the Tough area" :cool: I haven't used mine yet. :doh: I've only had it for 6 days and real life gets in the way. I might race off now and stick a bit of wood in it. Got to find all the bits first. :doh::D

Grumpy John
14th December 2009, 02:45 PM
:oo: Do you? :2tsup: Maybe we should get our own "area".:think: "the Tough area" :cool: I haven't used mine yet. :doh: I've only had it for 6 days and real life gets in the way. I might race off now and stick a bit of wood in it. Got to find all the bits first. :doh::D

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon