PDA

View Full Version : We're famous - Calm's fundraiser

Sawdust Maker
10th November 2009, 08:43 PM
Just received the latest edition of 'The Australian Woodworker'
As I was flicking through it during one of those devil be damned video hookup meetings, I noticed a piccy of a familiar bowl. One of mine? MINE!! How did that get there?
Ah ha - someone wrote up our bowl and platter (comp) fund raising effort for Cystic Fibrosis Vic organised by Calm.
... as detailed in this (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f8/bowl-platter-competition-charity-86047/)thread.
I showed my 12 yo son the mag and the piccy of the bowl - not impressed. Made him read the caption ... now I'm a legend :D

tea lady
10th November 2009, 09:48 PM
:oo:

:D:cool::2tsup:

Ed Reiss
10th November 2009, 10:57 PM
oh, oh ....not good if your on the run from the law :doh::;:D:D:D

TTIT
10th November 2009, 11:43 PM
Cool - does this mean I've been 'published' :U:U:U Haven't got the mag yet but I see my bowl on the website (http://www.skillspublish.com.au/Skills%20AWW%20Current.htm) - stoked :cool:

OK - so it's right at the bottom of the page :shrug: - it's a start :B:;

artme
11th November 2009, 08:35 AM
Top marks to all those mentioned in dispatches!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

NeilS
11th November 2009, 09:10 AM
:2tsup:... to all involved.

munruben
11th November 2009, 09:46 AM
Great:2tsup:

Ozkaban
11th November 2009, 10:31 AM
:2tsup: Awesome :2tsup:

Congrats to all involved.

I'll wander down and have a squiz in the newsagent today. Might even buy it if you guys are all in there :U

Cheers,
Dave

hughie
11th November 2009, 12:09 PM
As I was flicking through it during one of those devil be damned video hookup meetings, I noticed a piccy of a familiar bowl. One of mine? MINE!! How did that get there?
Ah ha - someone wrote up our bowl and platter (comp) fund raising effort for Cystic Fibrosis Vic organised by Calm.

..:thewave:.

Ozkaban
11th November 2009, 12:17 PM
As I was flicking through it during one of those devil be damned video hookup meetings...

Just noticed this bit. Very dangerous thing to do :o, unless the bored people on the other end watching you reading a magazine are avid woodies too :D.

This trick certainly works ok for normal audio teleconferencing though :cool:

Cheers,
Dave

Rum Pig
11th November 2009, 04:09 PM
Well done to all involved :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

My timing was out for this and did not get an entry in:doh: but I'm glad it is getting some worthy recognition:2tsup:

Chesand
11th November 2009, 06:23 PM
:welldone::clap2::clap2::clap2:

thefixer
11th November 2009, 08:42 PM
I just went out and bought the magazine and my bowl is on page 54. SWMBO and kids were really chuffed. I was moderately pleased as well.:D

funkychicken
22nd November 2009, 09:44 PM
I had a looksy today and I'm in it too. Problem is my platter's upside down in their picture:doh:

artme
23rd November 2009, 06:08 AM
I had a looksy today and I'm in it too. Problem is my platter's upside down in their picture:doh:

OK, not a problem Just do a handstand and have an optic.:D