PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help...

FenrisWolf
14th November 2009, 03:50 AM
A friend of mine made me a great fountain pen a couple years ago. Unfortuneately it died in a horrible chew-toy accident (puppies... gotta love 'em)
Anyway, he told me if I picked out a kit I liked and a blank he would make a new one for me. But after I got the supplies in, he hurt his shoulder in a car wreck and will be out of commission for a while. I was wondering if anyone in/around the houston area would be able to help my kit & blank grow up into a pen.
Another thing is that after looking around here and other websites, pen turning is looking to be a very fun hobby and I was wonering if anyone had any advice on where to get started with it. I'd love to learn how to make these pens myself.
Thanks
-greg

rsser
14th November 2009, 04:51 AM
Hi Fenris and welcome.

We are mostly an Aussie forum here but do have some distinguished US members who may be able to help turn a pen for you.

Otherwise put a post on Main Forum - AAW Forums (http://www.aawforum.org/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)

This section has a sub-forum on pen turning so have a read through those posts for how-to's.

ADDED: I see you've made the same post there. Not very good netiquette if I may say so.

artme
14th November 2009, 08:24 AM
G´day greg and welcome to the forums.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Yes, penturning is a fun hobby. It can also be frustrating and expensive. :rolleyes: Did I say that?

Many of us here also belong to the International Associaition of Penturners. This is an American Based site but has members from all over the world also.

Perhaps you could enlist help there also. But stay with us and enjoy the fun. Good luck.

PS Don´t mind Ern, he is a great bloke and very knowledgable. Just a teensy bit pedantic at times.:q

rsser
14th November 2009, 11:05 AM
Am not a pedant.

I'm a grump.

.. :p

Ed Reiss
14th November 2009, 01:07 PM
a pendantic grump ? :cl: