PDA

View Full Version : Roy & HG

forunna
15th August 2004, 12:05 AM
What more can be said. They are legends
what do yo uthink?

Dean
15th August 2004, 12:35 AM
Personally, I find maybe 1 in 20 of their jokes funny, but I guess everyone is different :)

Chesand
15th August 2004, 08:00 AM
I go with Dean. I can take them or leave them - mostly leave them

Theva
15th August 2004, 08:08 AM
I am with the last two posts. They were funny.

Now, I do not find loudmouths too funny.

Regards,

Theva

duckman
15th August 2004, 08:39 AM
Roy & HG are once again the only bright spot in the sea of mediocrity that is the Australian news media. The gushing, fawning, sycophancy and over-hyped rhetoric of all the others, Raelene Boyle being a notable exception among the main stream commentators is positively vomit inducing.

Is anyone else sick and tired of hearing about Jana Pitman? And what's with this wall to wall coverage of a second rate singer named Delta Goodrem? She's NOT part of the team. Not even an athlete!

OK rant mode = off. :)

Ivan in Oz
15th August 2004, 08:53 AM
For me their best was commenting on a Grand Final some years ago.
TV on with Volume off,
Radio ON with Roy & HG

Ivan in Oz

Driver
15th August 2004, 12:35 PM
They're amongst the best things on the box. For Christmas 2000, my kids bought me a full set of The Dream videos from the Sydney Olympics plus a boxed set of videos of Muhammad Ali's title fights. Best present I've had for years.

Part of the enjoyment of these Olympic Games will be watching Roy and HG.

Col

glenn k
15th August 2004, 04:34 PM
I'm with Theva, Tom And Dean they can be very funny, but often are not.
The older looking one is by far the worst he appears to not be very bright.

davo453
15th August 2004, 08:11 PM
I only have vague memories of Roy and HG, I used to think they were good though. We now live in an area with cr@p free to air TV coverage, we almost get channel 9 but through a heavy blizzard.

So we only watch Foxtel, which has practically none existent coverage of the Olympics :( I had thought that they might at least show some of it, but no only a few bits on the news channels.

Somehow listening to a swimming race on the radio lacks effect........

Dave

DarrylF
15th August 2004, 08:32 PM
I can't say I like 'em much - but they're better than the other cra*p on Sunday afternoons on radio. Wouldn't go out of my way to watch them on TV though.

duckman
15th August 2004, 09:04 PM
I only have vague memories of Roy and HG, I used to think they were good though. We now live in an area with cr@p free to air TV coverage, we almost get channel 9 but through a heavy blizzard.

So we only watch Foxtel, which has practically none existent coverage of the Olympics :( I had thought that they might at least show some of it, but no only a few bits on the news channels.

Dave
They usually broadcast on JJJ FM on Sundays between 2:00 to 5:00pm but aren't on air during the Olympics. If you can't get them on your local Triple J then there is always the web.

HTH,

Mark.

AlexS
15th August 2004, 09:54 PM
No longer funny.

gemi_babe
16th August 2004, 12:58 AM
I'm with Theva, Tom And Dean they can be very funny, but often are not.
The older looking one is by far the worst he appears to not be very bright.

Ummm which one is the older? I can't pick it. I think their antics make the show.

I like them. They entertain the athletes and I think that on its own, is worth it.

go you good thing ;)

silentC
16th August 2004, 09:46 AM
I can't believe it's even a voting issue!!! Funniest thing on TV.

Wongo
16th August 2004, 10:22 AM
2 very clever men.

Bob Willson
16th August 2004, 10:27 AM
Not so silent

The funniest thing on TV is (or was) the Black Adder series with Rowan Atkinson

Wongo
16th August 2004, 10:33 AM
Not so silent

Bob, series 4 is absolutely brilliant but I am not so sure about the first 3.

Or maybe I just did not understand what they were saying!!! :(

silentC
16th August 2004, 10:38 AM
Bob, unfortunately Black Adder is not on TV at the moment. Otherwise my reply would have read "second funniest thing on TV".

Barry_White
16th August 2004, 11:03 AM
We now live in an area with cr@p free to air TV coverage, we almost get channel 9 but through a heavy blizzard.

Dave
Dave

Have you thought of getting a satelite box for the free to air TV. If you live in an area that has lousy reception you can get it. If you go to a TV Repair/Aerial Installation company they should point you in the right direction.

I can watch Western Australian free to air channels here because I am in a bad TV reception area. It comes off the same satelite as Foxtel and Austar.

davo453
16th August 2004, 11:11 AM
Thats very interesting Bazza, I'll look into it today.

Cheers

Dave

duckman
16th August 2004, 11:42 AM
Not so silent

Funnier than the Mavis Bramston show Bob? :p

The first series of Blackadder did nothing for me, and IMO the third was 'patchy' but Nos 2 and 4, simply brilliant!

silentC
16th August 2004, 11:50 AM
I'd have to agree that the first series wasn't a patch on the second. I wouldn't say it did nothing for me, still got a few good laughs. Second series gets my vote as the best though, closely followed by Blackadder goes Forth.

HappyHammer
16th August 2004, 12:15 PM

Dave
Doesn't your foxtel come with 2,7,9,10 & SBS, mine does?

HH

HappyHammer
16th August 2004, 12:18 PM
2 Complete T***s, obnoxious and unfunny.

HH.

silentC
16th August 2004, 12:28 PM
HH,

Re. Foxtel/Austar, it depends on whether you are cable or sattelite. We have Austar sattelite and we get ABC and SBS only.

Re. obnoxious and unfunny, well I'd say its the obnoxious style, if you could call it that, which makes them funny. Anyway, it's something only Australians can understand. It's a -take of the great Aussie bullsh!ter. The bloke down the pub who's done everything and knows everything. Well, that's Roy's character anyway. Not too many poms find them very funny. But then you loved Rolf, so work that one out :rolleyes:

We're not very highbrow over here as you well know ;)

HappyHammer
16th August 2004, 04:29 PM
Re. Foxtel/Austar, it depends on whether you are cable or sattelite. We have Austar sattelite and we get ABC and SBS only.
That's a shame, I think getting all the "normal" channels as a definite bonus, I now have a large bird perch on the top of my house which I don't have to worry about when it gets windy.

Re. obnoxious and unfunny, well I'd say its the obnoxious style, if you could call it that, which makes them funny. Anyway, it's something only Australians can understand. It's a -take of the great Aussie bullsh!ter. The bloke down the pub who's done everything and knows everything. Well, that's Roy's character anyway. Not too many poms find them very funny. But then you loved Rolf, so work that one out :rolleyes:

We're not very highbrow over here as you well know ;)Deja Vu, didn't we talk about this before??

Deja Vu, didn't we talk about this before??Sorry forgot you weren't highbrow, I'll leave out the French in future;) :D

HH

Christopha
16th August 2004, 05:24 PM
They were funny and clever...... once upon a time but nowadays they are just loud and as boring as batshat!

You want funny? Go down to the dim dark recesses of your video shop and hire "The Gods Must Be Crazy 1&2".

Dean
16th August 2004, 05:34 PM
You want funny? Go down to the dim dark recesses of your video shop and hire "The Gods Must Be Crazy 1&2".

Hehe I agree... or Spaceballs!

Iain
17th August 2004, 03:19 PM
Dave

Have you thought of getting a satelite box for the free to air TV. If you live in an area that has lousy reception you can get it. If you go to a TV Repair/Aerial Installation company they should point you in the right direction.

I can watch Western Australian free to air channels here because I am in a bad TV reception area. It comes off the same satelite as Foxtel and Austar.
Just bear in mind that you need an Optus Aurora card and this has to be approved by the networks you want to watch, if they are of the opinion that you are in an acceptable terrestial area they simply will not activate your card and you will have a satellite receiver and nothing to watch.
Free to air Australian networks are encoded.
Back to that other pair, I always find them synonymous with Fooball, and I bloody hate loath and detest it.

bitingmidge
17th August 2004, 04:12 PM
Try this link for info on Television Blackspots:

http://www.dcita.gov.au/Collection/CollectionPage/0,,0_1-2_10-3_493,00.html

Cheers,

P

cbenpora
18th August 2004, 11:01 PM
Their calling of the "Mens Gymnastics" at the Sydney games was brilliant, I'd like to know how many hours they had to rehearse.
I too was given a copy of the Sydney "Dream" videos and love them.
So far haven't missed one of the Athens ones either.
Their " taking" of Nana wasn't bad, I thought she didn't realise it, but she gave them a bit of their own back.
Cheers,
Colin