PDA

View Full Version : Back on Line

Mrs Woodpecker
23rd November 2009, 04:19 PM
Hi everyone,
At last we are in our home in Gympie. The shed is built, and I will post pics when my photographer has time to take some. I don't know if I will get to use it before Christmas as we are still settling in. We were too trusting of the people we purchased from and let them rent back wtihout using an agent. They left owing four weeks rent, and the house was filthy. After a lot of bleach, disinfectant, and help from family it is now liveable. It will take such a long time, rain and hard yakka to get the garden and lawn back to life. Can't wait to get some turning done to relax the nerves.
Don's shoulder is good. We go back to Rockhampton on Thursday to see the surgeon, and hope he will be given the all clear.
Will try to get to catch up on some of the doings of the forum over the next few days.
Cheers,
Shirley

Jim Carroll
23rd November 2009, 05:22 PM
Welcome back shirley, just get yourself all sorted and start the new year all fresh.

wheelinround
23rd November 2009, 05:35 PM
Good to see you again Shirley the woman have been all quiet while you were gone.:roll:

been there with the rental situation :(( through an agent and still got done by both.

funkychicken
23rd November 2009, 07:34 PM
Good to hear you're no longer shedless and getting settled again:2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
23rd November 2009, 09:06 PM
welcome back :2tsup:
sorry about the tenants :((
show us the shed when you can - that lathe of yours will get cranky if it is not played with soon :rolleyes:

thefixer
23rd November 2009, 09:52 PM
Welcome back Shirley. Lookin' forward to seeing your first masterpiece from the new location. I hope hubbies shoulder comes good.

artme
24th November 2009, 05:06 AM
G'day Shirley and welcome back to sanity inc.:D:D:D

Yeah, some tenants can be right PITA but you only lost a bit of time and money.

Glad to hear Don's doing fine. We look forward to your new shed adventures.

Texian
24th November 2009, 04:05 PM
G'day Shirley, Ditto what they all said and what is "yakka" please?

skot
24th November 2009, 08:05 PM
Texian

Yakka = Work...Hard Yakka is Hard Work

RETIRED
24th November 2009, 08:52 PM
From an ad for a brand of Australian workwear.

Hard Yakka (http://www.hardyakka.com.au/)

Texian
25th November 2009, 06:40 AM
Thank you. Learning the vocabulary. Probably need some work on the pronunciation.

hughie
25th November 2009, 10:48 AM
Ditto Shirley, I know the feeling have been nearly two years with out my shed :~

T
Learning the vocabulary. Probably need some work on the pronunciation.[/QUOTE]

sounds alright from here :U you write with hardly any accent :2tsup: