PDA

View Full Version : an interesting site

hughie
27th November 2009, 09:50 AM
This guy has too much spare time :U

The Twisted Knot Woodshop (http://www.twistedknotwoodshop.com/lathe.htm)

check out the home made lathes etc

Ed Reiss
27th November 2009, 01:02 PM
Well, you can always work on building a bigger and better lathe in between bottle stoppers :no::no::no::no::roll:

rsser
27th November 2009, 01:49 PM
A man of strong opinions ....

Let's take a moment and chat about Metric...

I find the metric system in these Great United States of America to be offensive. Further, I find the fact of it being shoved down our throats to be intrusive to say the least. And, lastly, I reserve the right to loathe the metric system. So, I'm afraid you won't find anything here that going to help you with anything metric.

Section on shop arithmetic.

tea lady
27th November 2009, 01:56 PM

I find the metric system in these Great United States of America to be offensive. Further, I find the fact of it being shoved down our throats to be intrusive to say the least. And, lastly, I reserve the right to loathe the metric system. So, I'm afraid you won't find anything here that going to help you with anything metric.

Section on shop arithmetic.:rolleyes::D

RETIRED
27th November 2009, 02:52 PM

Section on shop arithmetic.Yep, the rest of the world must be wrong. :whistling2:

rsser
27th November 2009, 02:59 PM
Bet if he's a 'biker' he rides a Hardley and without a helmet.

(sorry Skew, nothing personal.)

Added: gotta laugh. Having learned imperial, and then metric, I confess to getting irritated when US gear only comes with imperial graduations. Eg. Woodpecker router table fences. But you have to be able to work with both so I ordered one of those neat Incra rules from the US with both metric and imperial scales. The ones with fine slots for pencil marks. And damn me, the imperial increments were in tenths of an inch.

Rum Pig
27th November 2009, 04:38 PM
What is imperial:q:U:U

rsser
27th November 2009, 04:45 PM
After the term empire, ie. RULES :uk2:

Ed Reiss
27th November 2009, 11:08 PM
my impression of the gentleman is that he is not very comfortable with change...hence the loathing to learn and use metric........his loss.

hughie
27th November 2009, 11:52 PM
my impression of the gentleman is that he is not very comfortable with change...hence the loathing to learn and use metric........his loss.[/QUOTE]

:U my grandson reckons he might be a dinosaur :U

artme
28th November 2009, 01:27 AM
This is the sort of jingoistic claptrap that is spewed out by idiots of all nationalities.No Quicker way known to put people off-side.

Wonder if he reserves the right for the Great United states to be intrusive and shove their opinions down everyone's throat. :D:D:D:p:p

##### like that spoils a great site.

joe greiner
28th November 2009, 09:28 PM
Well, some of it's great, and some of it isn't so great. He seems a little too full of himself.

e.g. the "Problem Solving Flowchart." I haven't used that sort of language in years - at least not in print. Some of the others are even worse.:((

Cheers,
Joe (this Joe, not that Joe)

RETIRED
28th November 2009, 10:08 PM
Joe (this Joe, not that Joe)Y'all shure about that buddy?:wink::D

joe greiner
28th November 2009, 10:40 PM
Y'all shure about that buddy?:wink::D

His Home page identifies him as "Joe Johns." Definitely not me.

I'd never heard of him before now, but according to Google, he's apparently a prolific writer on woodworking, and inventive to boot. Here's his scroll saw station: Lake County Leader Archives News Page (http://www.leaderadvertiser.com/articles/2007/10/11/news/news01.txt) in a converted school bus, of all things.

Cheers,
Joe

hughie
29th November 2009, 12:11 AM
well I did say it was interesting.....

rsser
29th November 2009, 08:21 AM
BTW, to ease the business of working with both metric and imperial on a project there's now a neat calculator. Click here (http://www.woodworksupplies.com.au/category99_1.htm).