PDA

View Full Version : kohekohe

wheelinround
30th November 2009, 11:57 AM
Pat dropped of some blanks Black Heart Sasafras and something else I forgot to write on it.

Hughie a peice of kohekohe a NZ timber I have been told its like Honduras Mahogany. Also a bit of Chinese Elm.

Thanks gents :2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
1st December 2009, 02:04 PM
Pat dropped of some blanks Black Heart Sasafras and something else I forgot to write on it.

Hughie a peice of kohekohe a NZ timber I have been told its like Honduras Mahogany. Also a bit of Chinese Elm.

Thanks gents :2tsup:

showoff :;

artme
1st December 2009, 09:26 PM
So haven't you turned it yet?????:rolleyes:

bowl-basher
1st December 2009, 09:37 PM
:saythat:Are you waiting for an invite to try the new Cougar??????? happy to to assist with blanks like that:D:D:D:D
Bowl -Basher

KevM
1st December 2009, 09:38 PM

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///F:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CKevin%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->I'd suggest it may be Tasmanian Myrtle.

http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachments/f8/123280d1259542631-kohekohe-img_4484.jpg

As you can see the color varies from pink (rose) in the heartwood to a straw sort of color away from the heart.

wheelinround
1st December 2009, 09:58 PM
:saythat:Are you waiting for an invite to try the new Cougar??????? happy to to assist with blanks like that:D:D:D:D
Bowl -Basher

Is that an offer :D:D:D my little Jet Mini won't handle it unless i cut it to fit the 10"swing :~:doh:

Pat
1st December 2009, 09:58 PM
Kev's correct, figured Tassie Myrtle, some of the stash from my Tassie raid.

wheelinround
1st December 2009, 09:59 PM
<link rel="File-List" href="file:///F:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CKevin%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->I'd suggest it may be Tasmanian Myrtle.

As you can see the color varies from pink (rose) in the heartwood to a straw sort of color away from the heart.

Thanks Kev thats the one :2tsup::2tsup: and Pat