PDA

View Full Version : more Camphor

bowl-basher
1st December 2009, 05:58 PM
Hi All
This is a bit more of the Camphor Laurel that I "rescued from the footpath about 3 km's from home,, took the lady of the house a nice bowl made from "her tree' and have a promise that they will call me when they are going to prune some more
This Salad Bowl is 320 in dia 180 high sanded to 600 and finished with 3 coats of Paraffin oil and hard bees wax
I still have about 15 or so blanks to go from this haul
if you think I am gloating you are right:D:D:D:D
look forward to your comments
Regards
Bowl-Basher

wheelinround
1st December 2009, 06:06 PM
Ah the smell of camphor BB love the colour must have been an old tree.

15 blanks left :o I was going to say you'll get sick of it ..............nah not with the new lathe.

Bowl looks brilliant :2tsup::2tsup:

bench1holio
1st December 2009, 06:14 PM
beautiful peice of camphor and a great looking bowl

Black Bear
1st December 2009, 06:23 PM
Myt Latest Effort.

corbs
1st December 2009, 06:26 PM
Beautiful bowl and love the colouring:2tsup:

Ad de Crom
1st December 2009, 07:25 PM
Graham, wish almost I found such a nice lady, having a camphor tree for me.
Very nice wood, smells like hmmm, hey very good looking salad bowl mate.
Ad :2tsup:

dai sensei
1st December 2009, 07:42 PM
Beautiful timber and what you have made from it :cool::2tsup:

artme
1st December 2009, 09:12 PM
I'd bloody well gloat too if I had made that bowl!! That is gorgeous!! Not just the grain, but the simplicity and elegance of the shape.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

artme
1st December 2009, 09:13 PM
That's nice too Black Bear, even if it's not a bowl.:2tsup::2tsup::p

bowl-basher
1st December 2009, 09:18 PM
Ah the smell of camphor BB love the colour must have been an old tree.

15 blanks left :o I was going to say you'll get sick of it ..............nah not with the new lathe.

Bowl looks brilliant :2tsup::2tsup:

Wheeling
would you belive that these came from branches :p:p:pthe trunks are still standing the largest would be close to 2 mtr in dia I get a twich in the chainsaw every time I drive past . some of the lumps I picked up were 800 in dia this was a crotch I still have one that is a 4 way crotch and the new lathe is a dream to use best move I have made :D:D:D

Hey Artme
coming from you I take that as high praise :U:U I still remember the discusion we had re a bit of rosewood, you wouldn't belive how much I learned from that and your comments on shape and form..... the colour and grain in this demanded that I interfere as little as possible
Bowl-Basher

wheelinround
1st December 2009, 09:23 PM
Wheeling
would you belive that these came from branches :p:p:pthe trunks are still standing the largest would be close to 2 mtr in dia I get a twich in the chainsaw every time I drive past . some of the lumps I picked up were 800 in dia this was a crotch I still have one that is a 4 way crotch and the new lathe is a dream to use best move I have made :D:D:D
Bowl-Basher

2m :doh: Tables large boxes bloody big bowls

I know a few blokes who'd love to share it with you :;

bowl-basher
1st December 2009, 09:32 PM
2m :doh: Tables large boxes bloody big bowls

I know a few blokes who'd love to share it with you :;

:2tsup::2tsup: if they decide to drop the trees I will be calling for help wouldn't want to see any of it go to waste
BB

corbs
1st December 2009, 10:09 PM
have chainsaw... will travel:wink:

Ed Reiss
1st December 2009, 11:32 PM
verrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy nice bowl BB :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

hughie
2nd December 2009, 12:03 AM
if they decide to drop the trees I will be calling for help wouldn't want to see any of it go to

With real old trees the the timber is highly figured way more than the branches. :2tsup:

artme
2nd December 2009, 01:56 AM
Wheeling

Hey Artme
coming from you I take that as high praise :U:U I still remember the discusion we had re a bit of rosewood, you wouldn't belive how much I learned from that and your comments on shape and form..... the colour and grain in this demanded that I interfere as little as possible
Bowl-Basher

Aw shucks!:B:B:B

Texian
2nd December 2009, 08:26 AM
Beautiful bowl!!

Black Bear
2nd December 2009, 08:28 AM
That's nice too Black Bear, even if it's not a bowl.:2tsup::2tsup::p

It's Not!!!!!! Darn, must have read the plans wrong lol....Sorry if I am intruding. I was just on about Camphor Laurel.

artme
2nd December 2009, 08:58 AM
It's Not!!!!!! Darn, must have read the plans wrong lol....Sorry if I am intruding. I was just on about Camphor Laurel.

Not to worr y. We are A forgiving lot and understand your absolute enthusiasm completely.:console::console::console::D

Black Bear
2nd December 2009, 10:07 AM
Not to worr y. We are A forgiving lot and understand your absolute enthusiasm completely.:console::console::console::D

Maybe Admin could move my post to another site.

bowl-basher
2nd December 2009, 11:14 AM
Maybe Admin could move my post to another site.
WHY we like it........
BB:D:D

Rum Pig
2nd December 2009, 12:20 PM
Beautiful bowl and stunning timber:2tsup::2tsup:

Got to love that CL

RETIRED
2nd December 2009, 12:53 PM
Maybe Admin could move my post to another site.Itsorite here.:D

Black Bear
2nd December 2009, 03:40 PM
Itsorite here.:D

Ta' .

OK Blokes and Blokesses. This is the thingo that I asked for some plans for. IT is either a man's shaving valet to sit on top of a dresser or a jewelery box for the blokesses (Well maybe some blokes too).

I got the plans from my head. I shoulda' looked there first, there is lots of stuff in that place. It is just a matter of remembering where I put them.

Ozkaban
2nd December 2009, 03:49 PM
:2tsup::2tsup: if they decide to drop the trees I will be calling for help wouldn't want to see any of it go to waste
BB

Me Me Me!!!

That stuff is spectacular :2tsup: Camphor is a nice wood to play with.

cheers,
Dave

wheelinround
2nd December 2009, 05:43 PM
Ty bb