PDA

View Full Version : Off line for a while

jefferson
4th December 2009, 10:33 PM
The place here (and the shed) are a shambles, with renovations.

So I probably won't be on-line for a whle.

For those intending to visit between Xmas and New Year, please let know. I just need numbers for catering etc. Otherwise, for those that have my phone no. give me a ring.

And for those not attending, think of great Production Turner (handy with the skew :D) and the WWW. And what you are missing.

artme
4th December 2009, 11:44 PM
No doubt about the Vics when it come to a bit o blither.:D:D:p:p

Have fun, no matter what.:2tsup:

Ed Reiss
5th December 2009, 12:58 PM
well Jeff...you'll be missed. Just don't do sometin' stupid like bashing the thumb on your turning hand with a hammer:doh::D:D:D

rsser
5th December 2009, 01:10 PM
Good luck with the reno Jeff.

You have of course done the std multiplier for renovation? Triple the time you've estimated and add 50% to the budget :rolleyes:

I'll drop in sometime over the two days dressed in safety gear for acrylic milling: full leathers and full-face helmet :D Won't need food as I won't be able to feed it through the visor :(

RETIRED
5th December 2009, 01:57 PM
As Grasshopper has hung it on me to organise this "turn on":D could you send me a PM if and the approx times you will be there.

I will pm Jeffs address when it gets closer. Thank you.:cool:

Calm
5th December 2009, 02:09 PM
The place here (and the shed) are a shambles, with renovations.

So I probably won't be on-line for a whle.

For those intending to visit between Xmas and New Year, please let know. I just need numbers for catering etc. Otherwise, for those that have my phone no. give me a ring.

And for those not attending, think of great Production Turner (handy with the skew :D) and the WWW. And what you are missing.

WELL THATS BLOODY LOVELY ISNT IT:?:?:?:((:((:((:-:-:(

I was under the impression it was Dj, Skew and myself along with THE STUBBY that were the main attraction. But apparently not anymore.

I think i have something else to do now - like wash my hair I might wash the dog too.:p:p

Have a nice day MAAAAATE

Cheers

RETIRED
5th December 2009, 03:28 PM
You sooky lala,:D So when will you be there?

Calm
5th December 2009, 03:51 PM
You sooky lala,:D So when will you be there?

The day before you to get my profile back up:p:p:p

Cheers

jefferson
8th December 2009, 09:18 PM
I haven't gone away altogether. Sore muscles all over, but improving by the day, office worker that I am / was.

A few "free" moments when Allan isn't on my back..... :rolleyes: A late finish today.

The Chippy (Allan, my brother in law) is going fishing for a couple of days soon, just to let me clear the shed and build some of the kitchen with my son Dan. And to prepare for the new lathe.

And yes, Ern, you are quite correct. The 300mm lintel we fixed today took a lot of time and sweat. (The joists had dropped considerably and the stump guys had done their best..... ) :doh: Costs are rising, as expected.

I think most of you that are coming have already been here before. DJ, Jim/ Irene and WWW excepted. Anyone else, again, please let know. Then the girl can sort out the catering arrangements.

Too much (almost) for me at the moment. We'll get there though. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Some fine company over the Xmas-New Year break will be exactly the tonic I need. Banging plaster nails into hard/ dry redgum ceiling joints is not a pleasant experience...... Nor is pulling a thousand odd staples out of the underlay for the lino.

I'll be back soon to complete the 100+ Turning Tips in the new year.

jefferson
8th December 2009, 09:25 PM
I forgot to ask, is Andy coming up too?

Yes, please. (Andy, remind me to build a stand for you so you are not turning around your neck height).

And no, Calm, you and that baby 750 Stubby are not quite the main attraction. (You can leave it up here though, you don't use it that often. :D:D:D). That's the next purchase..... :wink:

I think we have a BBQ organised at Harry's place for one evening. After we get to look (again, for me and ) at his VB 36. Now that is a lathe.