PDA

View Full Version : Secret Santa

dai sensei
7th December 2009, 08:57 PM
We had a secret santa at one of the offices I work at these days. Had to make something in a hurry, because I couldn't just give him a pen as usual, he already has one of mine :-. So I used one of my longer banksias cast with blue resin as a handle for a pie server I had. Bit small for my liking, and shape was far from perfect, but it was made in less than 30mins :rolleyes:. Finished with CA

Receiver liked it.

artme
7th December 2009, 09:09 PM
Schmick!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Cake slicer from GPW of course?

Sawdust Maker
7th December 2009, 09:58 PM
:doh: why didn't I think of something like that for a kris kringle

nice reflection of the inside of the light tent :rolleyes:

orraloon
7th December 2009, 10:21 PM
I like that a lot. I had never thought of filling the holes. A new range of gunnadoos is calling. Is that the large WA pods or regular local ones.
Regards
John

dai sensei
7th December 2009, 10:52 PM
I like that a lot. I had never thought of filling the holes. A new range of gunnadoos is calling. Is that the large WA pods or regular local ones.
Regards
John

These are the regular ones from the coastal banksia. Have a look at the pen forum, and under casting, I've done quite a few postings there.

Ed Reiss
8th December 2009, 01:07 PM
Nicely done Neil ... jingle bells, jingle bells - wait, I forgot it's almost summer there...no snow:no:

hughie
8th December 2009, 01:45 PM
Nicely done Neil ... jingle bells, jingle bells - wait, I forgot it's almost summer there...no snow:no:
[/QUOTE]

Almost? Nah, its here 39c or 102F

wheelinround
8th December 2009, 01:57 PM
Almost? Nah, its here 39c or 102F[/QUOTE]

Even more in the shed

Ozkaban
9th December 2009, 08:49 AM
Looks nice! I agree that the handle could be a smidge bigger, but it's a secret santa, not demanding Mother In Law :D I do like what you've done with it :2tsup:

30 mins is also pretty schmick going :2tsup:

Cheers,
Dave

munruben
9th December 2009, 09:07 AM
Nice work Neil, Looks great.:2tsup:

Rum Pig
9th December 2009, 10:08 AM
Nice very nice:2tsup::2tsup:
I do not think anyone will care about shape or size as they will be memorised with that handle:U

Ed Reiss
9th December 2009, 12:17 PM
Almost? Nah, its here 39c or 102F

Even more in the shed[/QUOTE]

What are you guys gonna' do when summer does arrive:o:?

(apologies for the hijack, Neil)