PDA

View Full Version : Triton Respirators

gtwilkins
19th December 2009, 01:27 PM
G'day,

Is Triton still in business? The PRA001 Powered Respirator is on sale and looks like a good bit of kit but I don't want to buy one if I can't get spare parts.

Thanks, Trevor

rsser
19th December 2009, 02:10 PM
No-one can get a response out of the local crowd. Check out the Triton/GMC forum here - there are references to a UK firm that's got a bunch of spares. I sourced some brushes from them.

gtwilkins
19th December 2009, 06:10 PM
Ern,

I hadn't seen the Triton forum but from what I read it don't sound good, too bad as the respirator was on sale for $249, I might see if I can get a spare visor out of England and some filters.

Thanks Trevor

brendan stemp
20th December 2009, 09:56 AM
I haven't seen a lot of woodturners wearing them which tends to suggest something. I bought one once but returned it quick smart. I found the apron made it claustrophobic and the ear muffs are a nuisance. The helmet adds unnecessary weight which would be a problem if one were wearing it for a number of hours. I think there are better solutions out there but also wish some company would design and make a dedicated woodturners respirator.

rsser
20th December 2009, 10:54 AM
I wouldn't fancy breathing in my farts but that's just me.

Lot of folk speak well about the Dust-b-gone mask.

I use an Airshield which is exxy but effective.

jefferson
20th December 2009, 04:38 PM
My Triton dust mask needs a new home, minus the ear muffs. $100. Used maybe twice.

RETIRED
20th December 2009, 05:31 PM
Sold Jeff, will get them at Christmas.

Ern tsk, tsk.:wink::D

rsser
20th December 2009, 05:49 PM
:-

BobL
20th December 2009, 06:23 PM
I haven't seen a lot of woodturners wearing them which tends to suggest something. I bought one once but returned it quick smart. I found the apron made it claustrophobic and the ear muffs are a nuisance. The helmet adds unnecessary weight which would be a problem if one were wearing it for a number of hours. I think there are better solutions out there but also wish some company would design and make a dedicated woodturners respirator.

I agree, I wear mine to resaw and mill large pieces of dry timber but can't see myself using it for turning.

jow104
20th December 2009, 07:17 PM
I've had the triton respirator 5 years, it works, I wear glasses, never had any condensation problems inside the mask, my only niggle is that the batteries are only good for around three hours then need recharging for upto 14 hours.