PDA

View Full Version : Where's Skew?!

rsser
23rd December 2009, 03:16 PM
No hearim longtime.

Does that mean he cleared the shed up enough to get lost in turning?

RETIRED
23rd December 2009, 03:17 PM
He is flat out working down the Island I believe.

rsser
23rd December 2009, 03:25 PM
Good to hear; maybe he can now upgrade the Hardley to a real bike ;-}

Buell's should be going for about three fiddy now, but there's only one with a proper donk.

Texian
24th December 2009, 03:04 PM
Need more vocabulary work. What's a "donk" Ern?

Cliff Rogers
24th December 2009, 03:16 PM
'Donk' is short for donkey, IE the power plant, motor, engine, means of propulsion. :D

Texian
24th December 2009, 03:29 PM
Thanks Cliff.

rsser
24th December 2009, 04:09 PM
Sorry Texian. And thanks Cliff.

And 'three fiddy' is cryptic for a standard response to a common question. TTIT might have asked 'emma chisit?' (That's Strine for 'how much is it?') and I might've said 'three fiddy and a kick in the n*ts'. Ie. Three dollars fifty, and you prob get the rest.

So that's about right for a Buell with a Harley donk, now that they're not being made any more.

Texian
24th December 2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks Ern. Think I read recently that Buell has gone defunct. Even after decades without, still get the urge for another bike from time to time.

tea lady
24th December 2009, 04:49 PM
Thanks Ern. Think I read recently that Buell has gone defunct. Even after decades without, still get the urge for another bike from time to time.Bit like being an ex smoker is it? :D

rsser
24th December 2009, 05:37 PM
True nuff TL. Bit more exxy in the short term. The long term .... ?

Texian, I went back to riding a few years ago. Std pattern. Kids out of the house so could indulge again.

Just love it.

Keeps me sharp.

Waldo
24th December 2009, 09:05 PM
'e's also caught himself some trouble of the fairer kind which has left him quiet as a door mouse, but such things leave him open to being in trouble more often than not with only the depth varying. :U

Ozkaban
24th December 2009, 09:18 PM
TTIT might have asked 'emma chisit?' and I might've said 'three fiddy and a kick in the n*ts'.

Man I love 'strine. You always learn new things.

Oh, Cliff - I always knew donk meant engine, but never put the Donkey/horsepower connection together... thanks!

Cheers,
Dave

RETIRED
24th December 2009, 09:36 PM
Looks like we have to edicate the younguns Cliff.:D

Waldo
24th December 2009, 09:38 PM

What channel are they on? :D

Texian
25th December 2009, 02:23 AM
Bit like being an ex smoker is it? :D

Quite right. Tried that too for a few months, several years ago. Could not stand being miserable all day long, every day.

'Fraid a new bike would come with divorce papers attached. Matter of priorities.

Sturdee
25th December 2009, 11:21 AM
Oh, Cliff - I always knew donk meant engine, but never put the Donkey/horsepower connection together... thanks!

and

I'm no longer a youngun and I didn't put that connection together either. :D

Maybe you have to start with us oldies. :D

Peter.