PDA

View Full Version : What is the most boring Olympic event?

Wongo
25th August 2004, 12:22 PM
I am not very choosy when it comes to watching sports. But I am still struggling to find equestrian interesting. The jumping bit is still OK but the “walking and standing doing nothing” bit is just unbearable.

Grunt
25th August 2004, 01:44 PM
I wanted to tick all of them and then some.

LineLefty
25th August 2004, 02:10 PM
I've just about had enough of swimming, that could go up there. As an aside, I gues you could also ask, what sport have you liked the most (that you didnt know much about b4)

Volleyball (go on)?
Table Tennis?
Badminton?
Handball?

Definitely table tennis for me, those guys are insanely quick.

Wongo
25th August 2004, 04:04 PM
Definitely table tennis for me, those guys are insanely quick.

Yeah, it is a great game. It used to be a lot quicker. Now they use a bigger ball to slow down the game which makes it a lot more watch-able.

In ping pong, you don’t have time to think about what to do, you just react. I love that game. Unfortunately I can’t find anyone to play with in this country. :(

craigb
25th August 2004, 04:09 PM
In ping pong, you don’t have time to think about what to do, you just react. I love that game. Unfortunately I can’t find anyone to play with in this country. :(

Try the Sydney Korean community. They are into it in a big way I believe.

The MOST boring? So many sports, so few choices :D

I think I'll go for sailing though. Watching paint dry would be more interesting.

This may have something to do with the fact that I know SFA about sailing though. :)

duckman
25th August 2004, 04:14 PM
Channel 7's coverage has, for me, made even events that I normally enjoy, excruciating to watch. Is this the most disjointed coverage of any event ever staged anywhere in the world?

SBS is IMO by far the better.

silentC
25th August 2004, 04:33 PM
I'm a bit over it myself. My wife loves it though. She's a bit like Wongo - she'd watch paint dry if there was a race between two walls (especially if one was painted green and gold). The Teev is constantly on channel 7. I have another excuse to go down to the shed, so I'll be sad when it's over :)

Christopha
25th August 2004, 04:49 PM
The whole bloody thing is as boring as Batshat...and that includes the ***** (sp?)volleyball. Thank god for books, Scrabble, booze and orgies or I would be bored totally rigid!

craigb
25th August 2004, 05:03 PM
Talking about Greco-Roman Wrestling, I watched about 5 minutes of it the other night. It was interesting to see how 2 big men position themselves on the floor and get tangled together.

:D

Roy and HG call it "assuming the dog"

kiwigeo
25th August 2004, 05:14 PM
:D

Roy and HG call it "assuming the dog"
There are really only two holds in Greco-Roman.......if your opponent only has one nut then its only one hold.

RETIRED
25th August 2004, 06:51 PM
OK Kiddies.

The poll is on the most boring events not sports people. :(

DavidG
25th August 2004, 09:56 PM
Olympics!!!
What Olympics????

John Saxton
25th August 2004, 10:43 PM
What you have'nt put in is whether you find all of them boring??

I find that the lack of TOOL SHARPENING,Hand planes,finishing,woodturning,
machinery,decathlons very unsporting of the powers that be and that they are remiss to not consider one of the universal needs of mankinds prowess in the shed......for herein is where sport begins...of the mind and of the hand. :cool:

Cheers :)

ozwinner
25th August 2004, 11:03 PM
I wanted to tick all of them and then some.
Me too!!!!!!!!!!
Where is the patting the wiccle fluffy pupy event. Now that I would watch!!!.

Al :)

maglite
26th August 2004, 12:22 AM
I reckon the only boring events are those where the girls dont wear any tight or better still skin tight apparell.;)

Taut bodies and skin tight cossies RULE i say :p

Kev Y.
26th August 2004, 06:15 AM
Whats an olympic? :confused:

Sport :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: is that anything like baiting the LCD* at werk?

Kev ;) :rolleyes: :cool:

* LCD = Lowest Common Denominator (dumbest one)

oges
27th August 2004, 07:26 AM
i chose the road walk as the road cycling wasnt on the list, its an okay sport but do they have to show so much of it? just show the last 5k's or so and not the first 1000 where stuff all happens.

bitingmidge
27th August 2004, 07:51 AM
OK Kiddies.

The poll is on the most boring events not sports people. :(
OK then:

Women's 400 m hurdles whenever there is an Australian running.

:D :D
P