PDA

View Full Version : Kiewa Turn On /Get Together 2009 -The Pics.

tea lady
4th January 2010, 11:07 PM
Well here they are folks. I decided to start a new thread cos I got HEAPS of pics, and some of them serve as a mini WIP.

Joining us for the "Inaugural Kiewa Turn On /Get Together" were members of the local Albury Wadonga turning club as well as WWF members. (Even a few wives attended. ) I drove up on the 28th December so missed the first day of turning. But I did see the remnant of a chunk of Blackwood, and a dint in the roof that apparently was Calm's fault. :doh: I arrived just in time to go to "Harry's Place" to watch try and stall the VB36 again and gaze at some of his wood collection. We also had a great BBQ with lots of salad. I think I even saw eat some.:oo:

Insert appropriate music here! Maybe that theme from 2001- a Space Odyssey

Pa paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Pa pa pa poooooooooooooooooooor!

The most gleeful expression I have ever seen on . :D

The bowl blank was quite a nice spalted piece, so it was decided to try using the "sabre system" bowl saver. (Was that what it was called ? :C ) Closely supervised by Jim Carrol.

:hmm: More research necessary perhaps. The tenon gave way. Looks like it wanted to be a shallower bowl.

Its big brother turned up to try and REALLY sort out.:D A rather burly bit of red gum.

Installed on the lathe and the base flattened..

The red gum propeller of death.:C

The back and tenon all turned.:cool:

Another view. And so, time for food.:cool:

tea lady
5th January 2010, 12:05 AM
Some pictures of on lookers at "Harry's Place" :D

Jefferson, our Kiewa hoast, and Col, the president of the albury Wodonga turning club.

Yvonne, Who has not been turning that long, Hoping she doesn't have to turn of THAT. :C

:C I didn't catch this man's name. I'm sorry. :saddest: (But he was the owner of the spalted bowl blank.:doh: )Doug (a member of the Albury/Wodonga group. Added by .

and Doug again. (:C)

Doug and Yvonne

Doug and Ken W.

, Ken and Pat. (I did have one of him.:D )

Later in the evening a special presentation was made to Ken, of a new Super Man cape, cos the other one was obviously broken. (Although if this is how he wore the other one no wonder it didn't work.:doh: ) I think its getting hung up next to the ladders so that it is always handy for those hard to reach places.:D

Pat
5th January 2010, 06:27 AM
Bugger!

wheelinround
5th January 2010, 07:42 AM
At last looks like smiles all round almost.

Good to see Pat & competing in the BO stakes. :U

So if KW gets superman suit whats Ern get :roll:

So is that it TL :rolleyes:

Pat
5th January 2010, 08:29 AM
So if KW gets superman suit whats Ern get :roll:

A custom made suit of cotton wool, double padding for hands and wrists:q

That Redgum burl doesn't look any nicer in the photo's! Were are the pics from Tuesday? Of course TL turned up just in time for the bbq at Harry's, I only did a 1050 Km round trip:U

jefferson
5th January 2010, 08:50 AM
Alright, some pics:

, Jeff, Jim and Harry on the lathe.

David finishing a Blackwood bowl. The one that didn't get away.:D

Doug with Anne Marias elbow.

Ken (why is he always smiling?) and Yvonne.

Alan (Jeffs BIL) , Pat and David. (Calm)

Ken, Jeff, and Col.

Harry, our Monday night BBQ host.

Ken being serious for a change doing "big" work.

Jeff and .

Pat.

More later, hopefully.

Comments and captions added by .

wheelinround
5th January 2010, 08:53 AM
That last photo is that Pat at the lathe gee he sure turned a lot of wood off that blank :rolleyes:.............making a finial is he :D

Pat
5th January 2010, 09:17 AM
That last photo is that Pat at the lathe gee he sure turned a lot of wood off that blank :rolleyes:.............making a finial is he :D

Ray, that was my wake up bowl, little Poplar bowl. It's in the new shed awaiting some slacker to get roundtoit and finish it:q

Sawdust Maker
5th January 2010, 10:23 AM
Pat
You're looking well

looks like everyone enjoyed themselves - it's good to put some more faces to names.

what's the chances of something coming off one of them lathes and taking out some of that pottery lining the shelves?

Thanks for the piccies - I'll change my name back to Nick from Thomas :D

Pat
5th January 2010, 11:13 AM
what's the chances of something coming off one of them lathes s :D

Like what did to the Redgum Burl?

Everyone scarpered!

Ozkaban
5th January 2010, 02:05 PM
That redgum burl looked scary! Cool result though :rolleyes:

Glad Ken's cape got updated. Hope you're still on the improve :2tsup:

Looks like a fun time was had by all.

Cheers,
Dave

RETIRED
5th January 2010, 04:18 PM
Like what did to the Redgum Burl?

Everyone scarpered! It unscrewed from the lathe. No panic on anyones part but did give a few a fright.:wink::D

wheelinround
5th January 2010, 05:42 PM
Ray, that was my wake up bowl, little Poplar bowl. It's in the new shed awaiting some slacker to get roundtoit and finish it:q

Wake up to what ??? :rolleyes: you bought the wrong lathe should have been a Mini lathe :q

As for finishing stop being so slack and finish it then take it in to Deb and you'll be popular to :U

KenW
5th January 2010, 08:19 PM
I left alone with the VB for ten minutes and he broke another bowl.
Why did the Red Gum bowl unscrew?

Jeff and Annie did a great job as hosts, a good time was had by all.

Ozkaban
5th January 2010, 08:20 PM
I left alone with the VB for ten minutes and he broke another bowl.
Why did the Red Gum bowl unscrew?

We all have to start learning somewhere :rofl:

tea lady
5th January 2010, 08:23 PM
So if KW gets superman suit whats Ern get :roll: We'll have to have a whip round and get him a Bat Man suit or something.:D

So is that it TL :rolleyes::no: I got heaps . Hopefully will get more of them sorted tonight. :C:cool:

Sawdust Maker
5th January 2010, 09:13 PM
We all have to start learning somewhere :rofl:
careful
next turnfest you'll be doing the exercises on some harder then nails (and probably with nails in it) dry old piece of outer barcoo railway sleeper
besides dent didn't happen - no piccy :D

Ozkaban
5th January 2010, 09:29 PM
careful
next turnfest you'll be doing the exercises on some harder then nails (and probably with nails in it) dry old piece of outer barcoo railway sleeper

There have got to be some benefits to living 1000km away :D - You don't have to run as fast when you're a cheeky bugger :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Dave

dai sensei
5th January 2010, 10:47 PM
Keep the photos coming :2tsup:, sorry I couldn't be there.

tea lady
7th January 2010, 11:40 PM
careful

Sorry! We've already done that. :cool:Only it was a burly bit of Red Gum burl that managed to get a screw embedded in it.:doh: More on that later.:cool:

Sorry about the trickle feed if pics folks. It takes hours to go through them all and resize 'em and everything. :C And My hand hurts from the stupid mouse. :rolleyes: (Am getting a new "vertical mouse" soon.:cool: )

tea lady
7th January 2010, 11:58 PM
So where were we? The 29th December I think. Up bright and early for a cup of tea and more turning.

Col trying to hold his toung right and get the skew under a bit of coltrole.
126125 126126

Curlies seemed to be appearing quite well.:2tsup:

Ken took Yvonne through turning a lidded box. She has only been turning for a few months but did extremely well under such capable hands. (He is Super Man After all.:D )

Hollowing.

Making the jam chuck for the lid, with Doug and Ken supervising. (I found it very hard later on to work with people watching. )

The lid in the jam chuck.

Sanding the lid.

The finished item on display with other items made in the past days.:cool: Large platter at the back by Col. Lidded box with VERY tight fitting lid by Doug. Little yellow finial by KenW And the footed bowl whipped up be Ken, as is shown in my next post. :cool:

tea lady
8th January 2010, 12:08 AM
Meanwhie at the other lathe....

The Red gum burl has followed Jefferson home. :D So the lathe was set up in its outboard turning mode. Duly installed in the lathe, the curve was checked using a big bendy glue stick.

and bumps and hollows were smoothed out.

Harry doing some too.

Will removing the face ring a couple of screws decided they liked being where they were and broke off.:doh: Harry and couldn't coax them out....

...so it was decided that we would turn around them, under cutting them and chisel them out. did a bit of the hollowing, of course throwing chips everywhere and all over Yvonne's little box. Doug gallantly stepped in to protect them.:D We then moved them out of harms way.:cool:

Jefferson did some more.

There is the screws.:pi:

The chisel.:cool:

After the chisel treatment.

And more turning. Jefferson was so absorbed that he worked past beer o'clock.:cool::D

Ed Reiss
8th January 2010, 01:13 AM
all good pics Anne-Maria :U ,but their all of a scruffy lookin mob of males ...how come none of you :? need to have a rose amongst all those thorns! :D

Jim Carroll
8th January 2010, 09:04 AM
There was some taken of anne they may come in the next lot.:2tsup:

KenW
8th January 2010, 10:57 AM
all good pics Anne-Maria :U ,but their all of a scruffy lookin mob of males ...how come none of you :? need to have a rose amongst all those thorns! :D
Ed, most of the ladies went shopping and missed the photos. It's a tradition downunder, when in a new area the shops must be checked out.

KenW
8th January 2010, 11:00 AM
Look at the photos of the outboard turning. Can anybody work out why the bowl unscrewed off the lathe?

wheelinround
8th January 2010, 11:03 AM
Look at the photos of the outboard turning. Can anybody work out why the bowl unscrewed off the lathe?

being turned in reverse

RETIRED
8th January 2010, 11:49 AM
being turned in reverseGive that man a Kewpie Doll.:D

The strange thing about it was than none of us realised it at the time.:rolleyes::doh:

rsser
8th January 2010, 01:38 PM
... and without the locking collar?

tea lady
8th January 2010, 01:41 PM
Give that man a Kewpie Doll.:D

The strange thing about it was than none of us realised it at the time.:rolleyes::doh:Well I did, but cos the place was crawling with "experts" I thought they knew what was going on.http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/sad/cry.gif I thought we had it going that way cos Jefferson was left handed? :shrug:

:scareboo:

tea lady
8th January 2010, 01:42 PM
Just noticed another typo. Col is getting the skew under "coltrole". I like it! :D

wheelinround
8th January 2010, 01:48 PM
Give that man a Kewpie Doll.:D

The strange thing about it was than none of us realised it at the time.:rolleyes::doh:

:o I won something :p prefer U-beauts finishing hand book :;

gee you can see it in the photo stance angle of cut suppose you all were wondering why no shaving were coming off or sawdust :roll: professionals I don't know.:q

Of course Pat seems real relaxed taking it all in............:rolleyes: gee I can do make flying things :U

Harry72
8th January 2010, 02:04 PM
Looks like everyone had a good time, I wish I could get along to one of these turn on's!

RETIRED
8th January 2010, 03:20 PM
... and without the locking collar?Naturally.:D

sparkie54
8th January 2010, 03:34 PM
It looks like Jeff has had that green tin in his hand since Proserpine:U

Jim Carroll
8th January 2010, 09:54 PM
Didnt really need the collar till some bloke come along with the C! rougher and jarred the peice of the lathe:oo:

Sawdust Maker
8th January 2010, 10:19 PM
being turned in reverse

:roflmao2::roflmao2:

That's hilarious, but then I wouldn't have noticed either (and by god I'm no expert)

Did we get a piccy of the dent in the roof

TL
Great series of photos :clap::clap:
what sort of camera?

tea lady
8th January 2010, 10:24 PM
Did we get a piccy of the dent in the roof Jefferson? Can you take a pic of the dint?

TL
Great series of photos :clap::clap:
what sort of camera?:shrug: Just a Kodak DX6490. It has quite a good zoom on it so you can get is close without being up people's noses.:cool: When I grow up I want a proper camera.:D

Sawdust Maker
8th January 2010, 10:46 PM
.... When I grow up I want a proper camera.:D

Actually it's not the camera but the user whom makes the photo
and I like these :2tsup:

tea lady
9th January 2010, 11:28 AM
Actually it's not the camera but the user whom makes the photo
and I like these :2tsup:Thanks! :cool:

NeilS
9th January 2010, 12:38 PM
:shrug: Just a Kodak DX6490. It has quite a good zoom on it so you can get is close without being up people's noses.:cool: When I grow up I want a proper camera.:D

Going by the results, don't think you need to TL.

Great pics, captions and commentary from the participants.

Thanks you for sharing.

jefferson
10th January 2010, 05:14 PM
Yes, indeed I have been.

We had many fine friends visit Kiewa between Xmas and New Year and I haven't been able to say (appropriately) THANKS.

It was a journey to remember. A long one that ended not soon after and Julie departed on I think the 3rd.

and I were turning on separate lathes on Sunday after the new year. All had gone home. (All this after gave me 2 hours head start on a box..... And I again stuffed the lid-fit.... turned my box in short-time. :rolleyes:)

Then we looked at each other, chuckled a little and felt the emptiness. It wasn't just me. But it was time to down tools, ponder on the week past and relax.

Where to begin? At the start I guess.

and Julie arrived Xmas night. Calm the next day I think. (David was here on and off for the entire week, but didn't bring his Stubby. He will next year if I have my way. :D). Thanks for the blackwood too, David.

Next was.... Dunno.

I do recall a late night call from Pat from 600kms away asking for directions..... He got here, so even after too many beers, I must have been cogent. Thanks Pat for coming down. That was a big, big effort. I hope you enjoyed the trip. We were pleased to see you too.

Calm departed sometime, only to return again and again.... :2tsup:

Sunday, I think the Wraights arrived. That too was a great effort. Ken with the brace on, Helen looking after him. And you know what greeted them first? Ken's outdoor shower (where's the pic Tea Lady?) that set up for him. :wink:

Monday, the locals came out, plus Tea Lady and Ern (hope you are well).

By then, we knew that DJ wasn't in fine shape too.... :(

So we were a VL SB 300 and a Stubby short, but we managed OK.

, Ken W and Jim Carroll (the Phantom turner) did what they do best at such gatherings - teach, entertain and share wisdom. The poor locals hadn't seen the Duo Act before with and Ken. Apparently they are to be invited back, this time on full pay..... :D

Free lessons all week for all. Thanks from everyone to our Masters. It was a treat. Truly.

Interestingly, Jim C. hadn't seen Ken demo at all until now. And demo he did, brace and all.

Poor bugger got tired of unpacking and re-packing the Carriage for the visitors though.:wink: Sorry mate for the trouble, but you did win Open.

Now, what have I forgotten????

Well, (and Ken) fixed:

- the bandsaw (eventually)
- the new controller box for the VL300 (that took some doing)
- the set-up for the VL175
- the new lay-out of the shed, now split in 3 parts

+++++

I've forgotten it all. It just went on and on.

And generally they made a great bloody mess.

I didn't have everything needed tool-wise for the outing, but almost.

I think / know the girls had a good time too. Shopping mostly. :oo: And getting lost up near Dederang.

Frank & Earnest - Ken got your olive wood too. Too good a piece for me to ruin.

Thanks also to Col (the President) and Harry and Ester for the food and entertainment. salivating on a VB 36 is something to behold. Even better 'an custard tarts an' cream.

Last, the lathe was going the right way FOR ME outboard until certain right-handers decided to unwind the chuck..... :p

It's on again next year, if anyone is interested. Bruce (Belly Up) from Broken Hill, you're expected 3 weeks later this year.....

Forgotten heaps. Thanks, girls, too for the many hands and feeding the masses.

Please fill in the gaps for me, people.

It was great.

Calm
10th January 2010, 05:37 PM
thanks

ann

Frank&Earnest
10th January 2010, 06:50 PM
Congratulations for your efforts, Jeff, and thanks for passing the olive wood to Ken. I still have a good amount, hope he will share with all of us the results so I and others can get inspired to do it justice.:2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
10th January 2010, 07:46 PM
Pat
we'll have to plan something for this year

Pat
10th January 2010, 08:02 PM
Nick, if you can organise the Sydneyites . . .

Thanks again to Ann and the girls!

Oh and Jeff for the shed to play & sleep in :U

PS, give me a few months to pay off the stuff I brought from Jim!

Ozkaban
10th January 2010, 08:41 PM
Pat
we'll have to plan something for this year

Nick, if you can organise the Sydneyites . . .

Yes Please! Yes Please!

Pat
10th January 2010, 08:57 PM
Two ways to play this . . .
1 Drive down Friday, return Monday. I prefer to drive during the day, as I don't like playing Wildlife bingo. Maybe one of the more learned turners can make a weekend of it. Up to Jeff and the crew.

2 Drive down Monday, return Friday. . . A lot more organisation.

The after xmas is good as alot of people have leave.

This is entirely up to Jeff and Ann, whom we want to invade :;

I_wanna_Shed
10th January 2010, 09:27 PM
Two ways to play this . . .
1 Drive down Friday, return Monday. I prefer to drive during the day, as I don't like playing Wildlife bingo. Maybe one of the more learned turners can make a weekend of it. Up to Jeff and the crew.

2 Drive down Monday, return Friday. . . A lot more organisation.

The after xmas is good as alot of people have leave.

This is entirely up to Jeff and Ann, whom we want to invade :;

Pat, Nick,

This is very tempting.............................

Nathan.

Sawdust Maker
10th January 2010, 09:32 PM
Looks like 4 in the car already:2tsup:

jefferson
10th January 2010, 10:26 PM
Be careful, you lot. :D

and Ken tend to spar, throw false punches at each other and keep us all amused. :wink: Very entertaining.

Jim C. is the unknown in the equation. He can turn. Yep. And he teaches good as well. :2tsup: Thanks, Jim. That little redgum piece scared me a lot and you got me 1/2 way thru it.

As for you Calm, you are not welcome here anymore, unless you bring wood other than Blackwood. (Is there a symbol for the finger????) You are the most cheeky bugger on the forum ...... and I thank you for it. :)

2009 Kiewa. Stubby free. :D

I suspect it will not be Vicmarc dominated in 2010. :wink: I hope to have at least 3 Stubbies here next year and really, really, make it an event of it.

To those that missed it - and you are in the majority - think of 2 class production turners ( and Jim C.), plus the Weird and Wonderful. And their spouses. Great company.

See some of you next year................

wheelinround
11th January 2010, 08:29 AM
Looks like 4 in the car already:2tsup:

Moe Larry Curly & Schemp or is it Abbot & Costello meet Jerry & Dean nah Amos & Andy meet Laural & Hardy :q

tea lady
14th January 2010, 11:13 AM
But wait! there's more! Send no money! (Well OK! If you insist.:rolleyes: ):D

Harry bought over a piece of Seudo Accacia cos Ken had never heard of it before. So it was decided another ddemo was in order. A boel. "CAn you show us how you do thise three legged ones? " someone said. So A three legged one it was.:cool:

it is important that the outside line of the bowl conitues smoothy through the foot ring, so the line is checked using one of those wire finger thingies.

Thirds are marked out, and size of each foot measurred.

Then Its shaped with a dremell. So now we all have to buy one of those. Maybe for next xmas.:rolleyes:

Hmm! :think: I don't seem to have a pic of the finished bowl. Will go and have a look.
Found one. Very out of focus, and you can't see the foot. :doh: You can kinda see the wood though. :shrug: Who ever has the bowl can you please take a better pic of it? :U

rsser
14th January 2010, 11:18 AM
Thanks A-M.

More good pics.

Jeff, next time you hold one, confiscate my m/bike keys pls so I have to stay ;-}

Ozkaban
14th January 2010, 11:20 AM
Awesome TL! I always wanted a reason to buy a dremel - but could never put a solid need together beyond general niftyness... Now can buy one almost guilt free :2tsup:

Cheers,
Dave

tea lady
14th January 2010, 11:23 AM
Awesome TL! I always wanted a reason to buy a dremel - but could never put a solid need together beyond general niftyness... Now can buy one almost guilt free :2tsup:

Cheers,
Dave:rofl: Glad to be of service.

There are more pics yet, but I'de better go and talk to the kid. :C

wheelinround
14th January 2010, 11:24 AM

Cheers,
Dave

Or a file/rasp/sand paper hacksaw blade craft knife or even a chisel :2tsup:

tea lady
14th January 2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks A-M.

More good pics.

Jeff, next time you hold one, confiscate my m/bike keys pls so I have to stay ;-}
There are certainly more pics from after you went and had a holiday in a hospital. :rolleyes: Nothing musta happened till I turned up.:D

rsser
14th January 2010, 11:29 AM
Or a file/rasp/sand paper hacksaw blade craft knife or even a chisel :2tsup:

Yep. Or an Arbortech mini-carver.

Wot I used on this.

PS, cheeky bugger A-M ;-}

I made the worst wise-crack in my life b4 u turned up.

tea lady
14th January 2010, 11:59 AM
Yep. Or an Arbortech mini-carver.

Wot I used on this.

PS, cheeky bugger A-M ;-}

I made the worst wise-crack in my life b4 u turned up. An Arbortech? Now were talking. :D

(We were prolly on the road at the same time Ern. But I didn't go the Omeo way on the way there, so it wasn't me you dodged.:D ) We would have visited you in Hospital if we knew you were there.:C:)

Beautiful bowl too Ern.:2thumbs:

wheelinround
14th January 2010, 02:08 PM
I do 3 legged bowls quite often :whistling:

DJ’s Timber
14th January 2010, 02:11 PM
So has anyone got a pic of the supposed dent that Calm left in the roof? :whistling2:

tea lady
14th January 2010, 03:18 PM
So has anyone got a pic of the supposed dent that Calm left in the roof? :whistling2:Jefferson? Can you take a pic of the dint? :D

jefferson
14th January 2010, 06:54 PM
Alright, alright, alright!!! Pics tomorrow......

Now I gotta get someone to get up on the roof... Yep, dent is there. You can see it from the ground.

Ken's demo 3 legged bowl is here too, so will take some pics tomorrow for that as well.

Plus the new set-up in the shed.

3 completed turning projects out of the shed today..... More pics.....

Ern: SELL THE DAMN BIKE. Please. :)

Back in the land of the living after a bad week or so. Thanks all for the help.

tea lady
15th January 2010, 12:10 AM
Alright, alright, alright!!! Pics tomorrow...... Thanks! :kiss:

Now I gotta get someone to get up on the roof... Yep, dent is there. You can see it from the ground.

Ken's demo 3 legged bowl is here too, so will take some pics tomorrow for that as well. That would be good. :2tsup:

Plus the new set-up in the shed. Cool! :cool:

3 completed turning projects out of the shed today..... More pics.....

Ern: SELL THE DAMN BIKE. Please. :)

Back in the land of the living after a bad week or so. Thanks all for the help.

Well done. :2tsup: I made some terrible dove tails tonight. And cleaned out a really stinky head stock. And fixed a wobbly chuck. And unstuck a screw.:cool:

tea lady
15th January 2010, 11:32 AM
...and even more.:U

THE Blackwood bowl

After watching others turn for a week or so Jim was finnaly overcome by an urge to turn. A lmystery log had been bought in. He decided to leave the outside its natural gnarly self, and turned the base round and dished the top a bit. Don't ask me what it is. Its "art"! :D (I haven't got a pic of this finished either. Jefferson? )

One of jefferson's relatives dropped by with a little job. "I was told could do this" he says. A littel finial off a cupboard that had lost its mate. So here is the new set.

An outside shower was rigged u for Ken cos "they" knew he'd have a hard time showering in the small one. We could have just hosed him down outside. It was hot enough.:D

tea lady
15th January 2010, 11:52 AM
I had given a couple of Tagua nuts to Ken to see what could be done with them. Here are some WIP pics. I haven't got the whole thing cos I was doing something else and then I turned round and he'd Finished. :C

The flattened base of the nut has hot glued too a waste piece of wood, then roughing begins.

Hollowing happened at some point.:C Apparently the internal voids were "interesting " to deal with, and forced a few design decisions. Ken usually places a white piece of paper under what he is turning so he can see the shape, but he swapped it for a black background. It seemed to "scrape" better than "cut". And did not seem to need terribly fine sanding. I can't remember now what grit he said he used but it wasn't that fine. 240# springs to mind. :think: The lid was finished after I left. Reversed in a chrush chuck and hollowed a little . (Crush seems such a cruel thing to do to something so small.:C ) The natural flat side of the nut were left on. I suggested that Ken's wife Helen could maybe do a bit of carving or something there. :cool: I wonder what Ken will do with the other nut.:think:

tea lady
15th January 2010, 12:04 PM
And finally, Proof that I was there.:D

I made three legs that may or may not end up on a cricket.:rolleyes: (They are only in pine. :shrug: ) And a Finial that I though was really small until I put it next to Ken's. :C Mine was Gidgee (Which apparently isn't a good wood for finials. :doh: ) His is in Osage orange.:cool:

And here is what it looked like Outside the shed.:D

Ed Reiss
15th January 2010, 12:44 PM
That's a heartbreaker 'bout the blackwood TL :C

Nice work on the finial(s) ...see, practicing does help :2tsup:

How do we know that pic of you was taken there??? ...it might have been photoshoped, subbing a pic of you for, say, , tch, tch, tch :D:D:D

tea lady
15th January 2010, 12:57 PM
That's a heartbreaker 'bout the blackwood TL :C
:rolleyes:That was the one Calm tried to put through the roof.:D I think it was a bit too punky. :think:

Nice work on the finial(s) ...see, practicing does help :2tsup:And watching a master. (Thanks Ken.:2tsup:)

How do we know that pic of you was taken there??? ...it might have been photoshoped, subbing a pic of you for, say, , tch, tch, tch :D:D:DI have witnesses.:D
But you will never know for sure. :whistling:

Pat
15th January 2010, 02:37 PM
Were you there? Was I there? Was there? Ken? Jeff? Jim? Ern?

Could be a rip in the Time Space Continuum and collective memory delusion . . . or it could have happened and there are many, whom wish they had taken the opportunity:;

Ed, you might have to get a restricted leave pass for the next one. Straight to Kiewa, Watch, Learn, Turn - Straight home:U

HarryD
15th January 2010, 11:15 PM
Need to amend Tea Lady miss spelling of pseudoacacia Botanical name Robinia pseudoacacia
Common names Black Locust , Yellow Locust, False Acacia or White Locust.
Natural range is the Appalachian Mountains from Pennsylvania to Alabama.
Wide spread though country NE Vic particulary near old cattle yards where it was planted as shade tree.
Was used extensivly in USA for insulator pins on powerlines & wagon wheel hubs for wagons
Turns faily well see photo of bowl by Ken
Regards
Harry D

tea lady
16th January 2010, 12:36 AM
Need to amend Tea Lady miss spelling of pseudoacacia Botanical name Robinia pseudoacacia
Common names Black Locust , Yellow Locust, False Acacia or White Locust.
Natural range is the Appalachian Mountains from Pennsylvania to Alabama.
Wide spread though country NE Vic particulary near old cattle yards where it was planted as shade tree.
Was used extensivly in USA for insulator pins on powerlines & wagon wheel hubs for wagons
Turns faily well see photo of bowl by Ken
Regards
Harry DThanks Harry. Miss spelling is my specialty. I should probably put it in my signature or something.:D

Was used for wagon wheel hubs? Must be pretty tough then. :cool:

Welcome to the forum.:2tsup:

rsser
16th January 2010, 05:43 AM
Nice legs A-M ;-}

Ozkaban
16th January 2010, 08:26 AM
Nice legs A-M ;-}

now now... we'll have none of that around here. It's a family forum :D:D:D

Ed Reiss
16th January 2010, 01:30 PM
Were you there? Was I there? Was there? Ken? Jeff? Jim? Ern?

Could be a rip in the Time Space Continuum and collective memory delusion . . . or it could have happened and there are many, whom wish they had taken the opportunity:;

Ed, you might have to get a restricted leave pass for the next one. Straight to Kiewa, Watch, Learn, Turn - Straight home:U

Pat, went down to the cruise ship piers and tried to hitch a ride to this get-together, but not a single damn ship bothered to stop and give me a ride...the bastards!!!:~
Next year, I'll try to hitch a ride on a balloon:roll:

wheelinround
16th January 2010, 01:41 PM
Pat, went down to the cruise ship piers and tried to hitch a ride to this get-together, but not a single damn ship bothered to stop and give me a ride...the bastards!!!:~
Next year, I'll try to hitch a ride on a balloon:roll:

Now that I would love to see Pat down at the Gong waving madly trying to hitch a boat ride south thats a possible..............then jumping overboard at just the right moment to swim like he's trying out for his Gold Life Savers badge. Then run like the dickens up and over the Great Divide to Kiewa Valley doing a bit of grass skiing on the way down.:roll:

Quicker to drive Pat :;