PDA

View Full Version : looking for casting tutorial

Dorno
12th January 2010, 01:41 PM
i am looking for a casting tutorial I know I have seen one in here somewhere can anyone point in the right direction ?

Thanks Ian

dai sensei
12th January 2010, 08:14 PM
casting what?

Pure resin, mixed resin, WW blanks, Banksia, seeds, inlays etc etc - the process varies.

Dorno
12th January 2010, 08:54 PM
Sorry Label Casting

Cheers Ian

gawdelpus
12th January 2010, 10:59 PM
I seem to recall some discussion on these matters, probably someone who has done a lot of this is " newlondon" he even makes resin saver molds for certain pen kits , a forum search should get you started ,basically my understanding is the main problem is the edges of the labels have a tendency to lift once the resin is poured, that buggers the whole thing usually :( also some minor problems with bubbles can occur , I have done a few of these but not enough to give advice . Good luck with it it can be fun and the results will surprise you . Cheers ~ John

dai sensei
12th January 2010, 11:32 PM
Sorry Label Casting

Typical, the only one on which I have no idea :U

BoomerangInfo
13th January 2010, 06:59 AM
I can't recall a tutorial as such, but there have been several posts, and a lot more info over on the IAP site. As John says, New London is the guru around here. My couple of attempts I decided it was too much effort for now, due to finding good quality labels to use. Saqm has also done some work with decals which can give a good result, but once again, I never got around to chasing up the media. It's a tricky thing to do, with labels lifting, seams to try and match or cover up, air bubbles, tube painting and what not to try and take care of.

Russell.