PDA

View Full Version : another lamination

corbs
25th January 2010, 10:13 PM
Imitation is the highest form of flattery so thanks to Broda for the inspiration.

Woods are Huon & Silky Oak, finished with EEE & Glow

(I will be honest and say I much prefer Broda's bowl. I think I like the dark with light lines rather than light/dark as per mine:-)

artme
26th January 2010, 12:06 AM
Very nice Corbs!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

I think as long as the turnings have good form and interesting timber there is little to distinguish them except for personal choice.

orificiam
26th January 2010, 09:01 AM
Congrat Corbs=I like this one as well.
Cheers Tony.:)

Ed Reiss
26th January 2010, 12:58 PM
looks good Corbs :2tsup:

Broda
26th January 2010, 01:04 PM
Nice!

I really like this one! nice choice of woods

PS. you got it done quickly:2tsup:

corbs
26th January 2010, 01:32 PM
Thanks guys:)... Broda, I glued my blank up about an hour after I saw your post:wink:. I glued with Techniglue epoxy which held up really well, was a bit worried about one of the sections flying off the lathe a couple of times:-

Mr Brush
26th January 2010, 01:36 PM
corbs - I actually prefer your colour combo. Very nice piece :2tsup:

Now you've set me thinking of similar light-coloured bowls but with contrasting strips of varying timbers and thicknesses......where will this end??

Techniglue is my preferred epoxy too; never had anything come apart provided its mixed carefully.

corbs
26th January 2010, 02:16 PM
I was originally going to have some more laminations (probably just one stripe?) going across the bowl as well but I got impatient and had to turn it:-

Texian
26th January 2010, 03:29 PM
Stripes are all crooked and wavy.

Timbre Surfer
27th January 2010, 05:11 PM
i like it, but i wonder if the character would change much if the stripes rotated 90 degrees from their current position and then angled out so the "wave" of the dark wood imitated the grain of the main blank