PDA

View Full Version : Images

wheelinround
29th January 2010, 12:29 PM
I cut some NSW Rosewood to make salad server handles for a wedding present this is what I found in one lot. :U :rolleyes: Fate or what.

I was going to turn these using off centre method but now I'm not sure maybe turn what I need to and shape the rest by hand :?

The blanks are rectangular in width so this will help.

Ray

Ozkaban
29th January 2010, 03:42 PM
Cool Wheelin :2tsup:

I guess if you turn them the matching heart shaped bits will be lost. Off centre would be better but I can't think of a better way of doing them...

Cheers,
Dave

Rum Pig
29th January 2010, 04:04 PM
Cool:2tsup::2tsup:
It must be a sign of a good marriage:2tsup:

Malcolm Eaton
30th January 2010, 01:53 AM
I cut some NSW Rosewood to make salad server handles for a wedding present this is what I found in one lot. :U :rolleyes: Fate or what.

I was going to turn these using off centre method but now I'm not sure maybe turn what I need to and shape the rest by hand :?

The blanks are rectangular in width so this will help.

Ray

I am not sure about turning the pieces, it looks more like a artists wood carving exercise in the shape of a couple of legs and joining then together at the top, then perhaps it is my dirty mind.:rolleyes:
Mac

wheelinround
30th January 2010, 09:13 AM
I am not sure about turning the pieces, it looks more like a artists wood carving exercise in the shape of a couple of legs and joining then together at the top, then perhaps it is my dirty mind.:rolleyes:
Mac

:no: your not alone :B

Woodlee
30th January 2010, 11:06 AM
It obviously came from a female tree .

Kev.

wheelinround
30th January 2010, 12:26 PM
Change of heart :U it will now be sanded laminated together and used elsewhere,

Salad server handles made from other Rosewood instead. :2tsup:

very possibly Kev

Ed Reiss
30th January 2010, 12:53 PM
Ray...leave em just the way they are and charge admission!!!:2tsup::D:D:D:D

wheelinround
30th January 2010, 01:42 PM
Ray...leave em just the way they are and charge admission!!!:2tsup::D:D:D:D

I'd have all your money Ed and a fair few other forumites I think :doh: It's not honest:no:

Edit Ed you just gave me a brilliant idea yep charge entry not cash $$$$ but tools No GMC or anything cheap and crappy I might allow a Triton router though

Ad de Crom
30th January 2010, 08:34 PM
Ray, do not any turning on this, seems to me it's just fine for a natural female art object :2tsup:
Ad

wheelinround
31st January 2010, 08:27 AM
:lolabove: at all you fellows :smack::slap2: all with a similar frame of mind :roll:

Allen Neighbors
31st January 2010, 09:04 AM
What a dirty minded bunch! :D

Malcolm Eaton
1st February 2010, 01:51 AM
Change of heart :U it will now be sanded laminated together and used elsewhere,

Salad server handles made from other Rosewood instead. :2tsup:

very possibly Kev

In this case with my joinery background laminating them together would not be the right way to go, I would be considering a method of employing a perfect union:rolleyes:. The way to go is using a male and female connection , a typical mortise and tenon and what could be better than that.
Regards
Mac:U

Ozkaban
1st February 2010, 07:32 AM
In this case with my joinery background laminating them together would not be the right way to go, I would be considering a method of employing a perfect union:rolleyes:. The way to go is using a male and female connection , a typical mortise and tenon and what could be better than that.
Regards
Mac:U

hmmm... could get a little messy though :D:D:D