PDA

View Full Version : Mucking around . . .

Pat
31st January 2010, 08:38 PM
Just been mucking around on the Yellow Peril . . .

hughie
31st January 2010, 08:46 PM
dunno what it is but its real purty :2tsup:

how did you go with the light weight Ripsnorter shaft?

Pat
31st January 2010, 08:58 PM
dunno what it is but its real purty :2tsup:

how did you go with the light weight Ripsnorter shaft?

The LW Ripsnorter is still beside my desk:doh: Still go to get around to sourcing the tang and getting it welded.

More pics later when I finish it . . . and I give my computer a kick in the guts and get the USB working:~

Allen Neighbors
1st February 2010, 01:51 PM
Pic three looks like a volcano from the air. The rest look like air shots of the Painted Desert, in Arizona. You been ridin' a yellow motorcycle? :D

Pat
1st February 2010, 04:12 PM
Not the Painted desert, an Eucy Burl (Eucalyptus Concretus . . . )

wheelinround
1st February 2010, 05:50 PM
Its depth is deceptive Pat but nice work :fisch: is that a scratch on the lathe I see :no: hope not Pat depreciates re-sale value. Its hard to see if there are others under all those shavings. Dusty not hooked up yet I guess.:U

rsser
1st February 2010, 06:41 PM
Cool.

Mr YP has some grunt by the looks of it.

fletty
1st February 2010, 07:02 PM
it is beautiful Pat, what's the finish?
fletty

Pat
1st February 2010, 07:38 PM
Ray, there are minor, very minor scratches to the paintwork, finish residue, plenty of silverglide on the bare metal surfaces. Nothing to detract from the actual lathe, just to show that The Yellow Peril has been used:U

Fletty, the finish is Organoil Danish Oil(x2) on the bottom, Organoil Burnishing oil (x2) followed by multiple coats of the DO. I tried EEE on the bottom, but spent 1/2 hour picking out the left over wax from all the cracks and crevices:doh: Of course the natural incursions do not allow for safe polishing, I like my fingers unbroken:;

Grumpy John
1st February 2010, 07:55 PM
Don't worry about the scratches Pat, it's not a show pony, it's a work horse and it's meant to be worked :D.

wheelinround
1st February 2010, 09:04 PM
Looks like fun Pat the little YP must be looking sad sitting in the old shed awaiting its fate.
I see one for sale on trading post for $1100 from down your way well ...........Albion.

I bet there is a trail of DO all across the ceiling :;

Rum Pig
2nd February 2010, 10:56 AM
Look like it will be a very nice bowl:2tsup::2tsup:

Allen Neighbors
2nd February 2010, 11:07 AM
Aha!! Gettin' clued in to you Blokes' language certainly takes time!! Yellow Peril... Woodfast. Got it.:D

Ed Reiss
2nd February 2010, 12:51 PM
didn't want to go for a hollow form, eh Pat :;:D

Tony Morton
2nd February 2010, 03:30 PM
Hi Pat Nice job is concretus a species or just 'loody hard.

Cheers Tony

artme
2nd February 2010, 03:33 PM
Top marks there Pat for some brave work as well as the finished product.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Have to Agree with Allen on the Painted Desrt. I too thought the scenery looked familiar.

wheelinround
2nd February 2010, 04:18 PM
Ok nuff mucking a round time to muck out and get serious tis shed warming won't be till next christmas at this rate Pat:q