PDA

View Full Version : Marquetry pictures

patricelejeune
8th February 2010, 09:33 AM
Hello

Here is a selectio of my marquetry work as an artist.
I have difficulty finding people to do some constructive criticism on the marquetry or inlay work.
Please fill free to comment and visit my site for more pictures or details

Thank you so much

artme
9th February 2010, 09:26 PM
G'day PAtrice and a big Welcome to the forums.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

San Diego is a lovely place to live.

Those are stunning pieces of work, I would gladly hang any of them on my walls.

You must have the patience of Job to sort through timber and get everything you want/need to complete your works.

Your composition is wonderful in all your works. Glad to see the Sulphur Crested Cockatoo!!

Just a question on the timbers - are they all natural colours??

patricelejeune
10th February 2010, 04:26 AM
Hello

Thank you for your comments.
All the colors are not natural. The blue are dyed, the reds are not all natural, most of the yellow are and the blacks are dyed.
On the Cockatoo, all woods are natural, the yellow veneer is Amarello.
On the dog all the veneer is natural except for the black which is dyed pear wood.
The little girl Gaetane is all natural colors except the bright reds on the dress the dark reddish under are.
Being 2 the pregnant Lady is all natural except the anthracite
No Child Left Behind Act has dyed veneer in the background, the blue shirt and the green baby outfit
The shack is all natural except in the Bush on the wildness in the front of the picture where I did put green shavings and sawdust.
The picture titled Essai 1 is part of a Tryptic I am finishing now Most of the colored wood green red blue black and yellow are dye wood. I used all the little pieces left over in the School here for 10 years to produce those three panels, I will post the next two in a week or two if I got the time to finish.
I do also Use another technique to recycle my materials, shavings and sawdust, but it is not technicaly marquetry as I did not cut the pieces but you can see it on my website if you are interested, "Dance Muse" and the quadryptic.

I hope I answered all your questions.

And thank you again for your kind comment

toolbagsPLUS
10th February 2010, 08:39 AM
Wonderful Work, whether the colours are dyed or not.

Congratulations

Cheers

Steve

patricelejeune
10th February 2010, 08:46 AM
thank you

artme
10th February 2010, 09:07 AM
Thank you for a very detailed answer Patrice.

I had actually thought the blue was dyed, although I have seen quite blue timber due to mold.

prometheus065
12th February 2010, 03:59 AM
Actually you are very talented, Patric ..
Do you have a sense of texture veneer, the motives for the atmosphere ..
In fact, this trade is just the most important - feeling .

Regards,
Dusan