PDA

View Full Version : What do I do with this?

munruben
17th February 2010, 05:05 PM
I got bored so I made this from a 45mm solid block of pine. Pen gives you an idea of the size. This is a cube within a cube and no, the inner cube cannot be removed from the outer cube.
Now all I got to work out is what am I going to do with the useless thing. :)

Manuka Jock
17th February 2010, 05:14 PM
Make another one ........ with a ball inside :D

munruben
17th February 2010, 05:27 PM
make another one ........ With a ball inside :d:d

K_S
17th February 2010, 05:34 PM
Gday John

Keep it handy, I hear the men with the white jackets are on there way
:D:D:D
PS: don't forget to turn the square daily :o

just kidd'n

petersemple
17th February 2010, 05:34 PM
Entertain visiting kids

munruben
17th February 2010, 07:52 PM
Gday John

Keep it handy, I hear the men with the white jackets are on there way
:D:D:D
PS: don't forget to turn the square daily :o

just kidd'nNot again.:( Hi Keith. in good form I see.:)

Allan at Wallan
17th February 2010, 08:02 PM
Not again.:( Hi Keith. in good form I see.:)

You can tell Keith visited Northern Woodturners this morning
... his mind is starting to twist already.:D

Allan

munruben
17th February 2010, 08:21 PM
You can tell Keith visited Northern Woodturners this morning
... his mind is starting to twist already.:D

AllanI hear they have some good teachers there Alan.:D

artme
18th February 2010, 07:46 AM
I've often wondered about what the Mayor of a small community does in his spare time.:rolleyes:

oldiephred
18th February 2010, 09:58 AM
Here's what I did. Made one that was like your picture. Made one and removed the inner cube then made a cube the same size as the inner cube. Place one on the side table or coffee table when company comes and let them try to get the small cube in or out of the hollow one. When they are not looking, replace the one on the table with the other unit.This really gets some people "going". I also put a colored spot on both small cubes to make them think there was actually a method to get the cube in or out.

munruben
18th February 2010, 10:30 AM
Here's what I did. Made one that was like your picture. Made one and removed the inner cube then made a cube the same size as the inner cube. Place one on the side table or coffee table when company comes and let them try to get the small cube in or out of the hollow one. When they are not looking, replace the one on the table with the other unit.This really gets some people "going". I also put a colored spot on both small cubes to make them think there was actually a method to get the cube in or out.I like that idea:D:2tsup:

munruben
18th February 2010, 10:33 AM
i've often wondered about what the mayor of a small community does in his spare time.:rolleyes::d

The Bleeder
18th February 2010, 10:43 AM
Here's what I did. Made one that was like your picture. Made one and removed the inner cube then made a cube the same size as the inner cube. Place one on the side table or coffee table when company comes and let them try to get the small cube in or out of the hollow one. When they are not looking, replace the one on the table with the other unit.This really gets some people "going". I also put a colored spot on both small cubes to make them think there was actually a method to get the cube in or out.

Your a sick and twisted person.:U:U:U I love it.

wheelinround
18th February 2010, 02:55 PM
John well done :2tsup::2tsup: did you pinch my book off the shelf when here :;

Now make a stand for it. This is called Orn-a-mental Turning sends you round the twist.http://images.rockler.com/rockler/images/20334-01-500.jpg

Sawdust Maker
21st February 2010, 10:45 AM

What a great idea
you can sit back and watch people go slowly around the twist

munruben
21st February 2010, 10:48 AM
John well done :2tsup::2tsup: did you pinch my book off the shelf when here :;

Now make a stand for it. This is called Orn-a-mental Turning sends you round the twist.I think I will make a stand for it now you come to mention it. :2tsup:

What a great idea
you can sit back and watch people go slowly around the twistNever a dull moment eh?:D

K_S
21st February 2010, 11:52 AM
BI-CUBIC :rolleyes:

munruben
21st February 2010, 12:45 PM
BI-CUBIC :rolleyes:Not just a pretty face Keith. :D

K_S
22nd February 2010, 07:37 PM
"What a great idea
you can sit back and watch people go slowly around the twist<!-- google_ad_section_end --> __________________
<!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->regards
Nick"

or read it here:U:D:rolleyes::no::doh::q