PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in a possible Group Buy from Pen Turners Products?

Ozkaban
25th February 2010, 12:12 PM
Hi,

This is just a 'feeler' thread to see who would be interested in a group buy of bits from Penturnersproducts.com (http://penturnersproducts.com/). I've been looking at a few of their items and reckon they look good, and I've read plenty of positive things on this forum about them. In particular I'm interested in their dead centres/decent live centre as well as possibly the delrin bushings to suit.

I have no idea of several things about this. Firstly, what availability is like on items from the website, what (if any) discount would we would be able to get from a decent group order, and thirdly, if the postage/delivery from the website is decent anyway would adding local postage to peoples orders kill any benefit of purchasing together. Oh, and I will need to check into differences between US kit names and Aus kits (ie will their bushings fit our pen kits...)

With this in mind, I thought I would ask to see who would be interested. I'm happy to do the leg work (dunno why - they're tons of work :doh:), but as I'm ordering stuff anyway I thought I'd just check to see who wanted to come along for the ride.

If there's enough interest, I'll start a thread in the group buys section,

Cheers,
Dave

Kev Y.
25th February 2010, 12:59 PM
Hi Dave, I get most of my stuff from Timberbits or Addictive Pens. I will however have a good look over this site and get back to you.

When were you thinking of ordering.

Ozkaban
25th February 2010, 01:02 PM
It was going to be based on interest, but I would guess 2-3 weeks or so. I'm in no rush.

The idea wasn't to replace Timberbits or Addictive or any of the other local retailers. I wholeheartedly support them and think others should to. They do a great job of bringing a variety of kits into the country we wouldn't see otherwise.

This group buy was more for those items we can't get hold of, like the specially machined bushings designed for turning between centres (ie without a Mandrel) and stuff like that.

Cheers,
Dave

Rum Pig
25th February 2010, 02:37 PM
Hi Dave
I might be interested in a few things will need to have a better look but there is not a lot there from the quick look I had. The bushes do sound good:)

Dorno
25th February 2010, 09:48 PM
Hi Dave
I will have alook also. I have purchased a few things of this guy apparently known as johnny cnc and found him great an very reliable to deal with also very Quick I am sure I/we will have no trouble dealing with him.

Cheers Ian

Ps I checked out his live and dead centres and have found nothing anywhere near his prices. so let me know what you come up with

Sawdust Maker
25th February 2010, 10:27 PM
Get behind me satan :p

oh ok
could be interested in a carbide tip dead centre
and maybe other bits and bobs

Simomatra
26th February 2010, 05:20 AM
I have purchased from Johnny and he is excellent to do business with.

I use his live centre and it is right up there with the quality.

Could do with some more bushes

Ozkaban
26th February 2010, 10:41 AM
Sounds good guys.

I was wondering if the live centre was worth importing (we have good ones here), but it does seem to be a nice looking one.

Take your time looking. I know the site isn't huge, but I'm in no rush. To many packages arriving in quick succession raises LOML's eyebrows anyway :D

Cheers,
Dave

Ozkaban
26th February 2010, 11:24 AM
Hi,

Sorry - I should have checked with John from pen turners products first before suggesting this group buy. He has just informed me that as it's a part time side business, he isn't equipped to deal with a group buy.

Sorry guys.

I am still putting in an order for a couple of bits personally, and he has welcomed this.

Sorry for any hassle.

Cheers,
Dave

Simomatra
26th February 2010, 11:52 AM
Sounds good guys.

I was wondering if the live centre was worth importing (we have good ones here), but it does seem to be a nice looking one.

Take your time looking. I know the site isn't huge, but I'm in no rush. To many packages arriving in quick succession raises LOML's eyebrows anyway :D

Cheers,
Dave

Well worth it Dave and get the dead one as well

Ozkaban
26th February 2010, 12:04 PM
A quick update for anyone interested.

I have just ordered a MT2 dead centre (carbide tip) and a MT2 Live centre. Total in aus dollars, including shipping was about $60. Pretty reasonable, I think.

Cheers,
Dave