PDA

View Full Version : Chainsaw massacre

Willy Nelson
28th February 2010, 11:39 AM
Morning All
Been awhile since I have posted anything here, so I thought I would post a pic of what I have been up to. This is a trailer load of Jarrah cut in a 1 1/2 hour session. The slabs are cut deliberately approx 50mm thick for clocks, platters and chopping boards etc. I never seem to have enough thinner blanks, I have tons of bowl blanks and have resorted to slicing a few up with the chainsaw to get two blanks of a thickness I require. My brother helped me chainsaw these blanks. I bring them home, he goes to work on the bandsaw, the kids and I seal them with wax and stack them to dry. A very productive day.
Regards
Willy
Jarrahland

Ed Reiss
28th February 2010, 12:42 PM
a lot of work there...nice haul :2tsup:

artme
28th February 2010, 01:32 PM
How long before you get into that lot?

Nice load BTW>

Texian
28th February 2010, 03:57 PM
A very productive day's work. Nice haul.

Willy Nelson
28th February 2010, 06:45 PM
How long before you get into that lot?

Nice load BTW>

I normally leave my timber to dry 6 months for every inch of thickness. I believe that is based upon English timbers and weather, but having said that, I haven't had a problem yet. The timber is stickered, kept out of the sun, waxed (sealed) and with limited air movement.
Cheers
Willy
Jarrahland

Sawdust Maker
28th February 2010, 09:37 PM
nice haul
should be having fun with that lot in a couple of years :2tsup:

Ozkaban
1st March 2010, 11:19 AM
Nice haul there... And a neat little production line you have going too. Do the kids get involved with the turning too?

Cheers,
Dave

Willy Nelson
3rd March 2010, 11:53 PM
The kids help out heaps and have shown interest in turning at times. No hurry, we have heaps ofother activities
Regards
Willy
Jarrahland