PDA

View Full Version : Vicmarc VL200 on e-pay

Enfield Guy
12th March 2010, 12:10 PM
Here is another one (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190379120734&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching#ht_500wt_924). What do you reckon? Might be useful to someone. Brisbane / Redlands area.

I hope I have done that right this time! If not, help!!!

Cheers
Bevan

Ed Reiss
12th March 2010, 12:34 PM
Here is another one (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190379120734&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching#ht_500wt_924). What do you reckon? Might be useful to someone. Brisbane / Redlands area.

I hope I have done that right this time! If not, help!!!

Cheers
Bevan

if you really want to do it right Bevan, buy it and ship it this way...my B'day is coming up real soon:2tsup::D:D:D

artme
12th March 2010, 04:07 PM
Bit misleading to put the price of the motor sine they come with one anyway.

Ozkaban
12th March 2010, 04:55 PM
The 6 speed bench mount doesn't come with a motor, AFAIK. I could be wrong though. I think it's just the lathe and the motor pulley.

I bought the last VL200 to turn up on ebay and I'm very happy with it. Beautfully solid and accurate. Got lots of goodies with it too.

The 1/2 hp does sound a little light on for a lathe with 400 swing and outboard capabilities though.

Cheers,
Dave

Big Shed
12th March 2010, 08:22 PM
The price for a 1/2 hp motor is very optimistic and you would want to buy another more powerful motor in any case.

Enfield Guy
13th March 2010, 09:43 AM
I've had a bit of a look at the lathe. The tools are 3 gouges and some scrapers made from files. Had a bit of a play and yes, I think it is a little underpowered. It's a 94 model as well. I'm not in a position to bid but it might be ok for someone. I reckon the opening bid is about the right money.

Ed. I can arrange to send it over for you. Just send me your bank details:D.

Ed Reiss
13th March 2010, 12:54 PM
I've had a bit of a look at the lathe. The tools are 3 gouges and some scrapers made from files. Had a bit of a play and yes, I think it is a little underpowered. It's a 94 model as well. I'm not in a position to bid but it might be ok for someone. I reckon the opening bid is about the right money.

Ed. I can arrange to send it over for you. Just send me your bank details:D.

(sigh)......can't, SWMBO took my bank priveleges away :doh: