PDA

View Full Version : Lathe room renovations Part 1

jefferson
20th March 2010, 11:08 AM
After the Wagga event, we had some visitors in Jim C, , Ken W and their partners.

With the help of Col (the local Club President) and son Dan, and Ken took charge and transformed the turning end of my shed. Ken and did the reveals for all the windows, Dan (under supervision) lined two sections of the walls.

Thanks guys for all the help. It's coming together, so many thanks. :2tsup::2tsup:

Here's and Col gluing up the new tool rack:

And the new rack installed:

And said rack almost completely filled.

And new spots for the VL 175 and VL300:

Sorry, no pics of Ken W with his brace off and barely observing his 5kg lifting limit. :rolleyes:

Lots of room now for timber storage (racks arriving soon).

DJ’s Timber
20th March 2010, 11:16 AM
Looking good Jeff :H

Who had the delight of shearing :o

Groggy
20th March 2010, 11:19 AM
I like the setup, good work! :2tsup:

skot
20th March 2010, 11:26 AM
Ken,

Great Rack.........

Ed Reiss
20th March 2010, 12:03 PM
Jeff...now there won't be any excuse for not doing any turning :;:D

Looks as if your "helpers" did a heap of work, your a lucky fella' !!!

tea lady
20th March 2010, 01:03 PM
So you can't buy any more chisels? :C Good to have it sorted. I need 'em over at my joint now. :D

texx
20th March 2010, 03:01 PM
nice rack and will do the job well , but i am not a fan of storing chisels with the bitey end up like that , can slice a wrist or arm very easy.

mick61
20th March 2010, 04:26 PM
G`day I like the chisel rack. Good to see you are keeping Ken busy and away from the lathe.
Mick:p

tea lady
20th March 2010, 05:30 PM
nice rack and will do the job well , but i am not a fan of storing chisels with the bitey end up like that , can slice a wrist or arm very easy.:CDo you get a kind of vertigo where you are impelled to throw your self up onto the wall and impale yourself? :think: Or do you dance with your arms above your head every time a bowl doesn't fly off the lathe? :D

Grumpy John
20th March 2010, 05:36 PM
Hey Jeff, the eighth slot from the left is empty, what's going on :D.

Tim the Timber Turner
20th March 2010, 05:58 PM
Hey Jeff.

What are you doing with all them blue toolrests on the bench. The ones that reckons are no good.:?

Please put them into a box and send them all to me.:2tsup:

That should make happy.:D

Cheers

Tim:)

PS good looking workshop!!:2tsup:

artme
20th March 2010, 06:02 PM
Ok, Great job!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Next working B is at my lace!!:D

munruben
20th March 2010, 06:10 PM
Impressed :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

texx
20th March 2010, 06:40 PM
:CDo you get a kind of vertigo where you are impelled to throw your self up onto the wall and impale yourself? :think: Or do you dance with your arms above your head every time a bowl doesn't fly off the lathe? :D
no , but when you reach over the rack to open a window or even stumble and put your hand out , or turn quick with your elbow sticking out , or reach for one chisel and catch the back of your hand on the one next to it ( seen that done ).
just giving an opinion thats all

Gunado
20th March 2010, 06:52 PM
Oh to have a shed like that, I am so jealous. It looks great.:2tsup:

dai sensei
20th March 2010, 07:38 PM
Great looking shed :2tsup: Wish mine was that big :-

I built a rack like that for my chisels, but soon broke it. I wouldn"t lift the chisel high enough before trying to extract it, so broke the top holder. These days I have a rack that slopes backward, and has a magnetic strip to ensure the chisels stay there.

Ad de Crom
20th March 2010, 07:53 PM
Looks very good Jeff, place enough too for a dance floor, bright daylight, the best light you can catch. Now back to work!!
Ad

Pat
20th March 2010, 07:54 PM
Jeff, looking good. When's the cyclone due to be hooked up?:fisch:

RETIRED
20th March 2010, 08:59 PM
Hey Jeff.

What are you doing with all them blue toolrests on the bench. The ones that reckons are no good.:?

Please put them into a box and send them all to me.:2tsup:

That should make happy.:D

Cheers

Tim:)

PS good looking workshop!!:2tsup:They were the ones going at the back of the racks.:D

powderpost
20th March 2010, 09:41 PM
Looking good Jeff... Where is the saw bench for cutting laminates?????
Jim

tea lady
20th March 2010, 09:47 PM
Jim:rolleyes: There is a whole other room with things that cut stationary objects. :cool:

RETIRED
20th March 2010, 09:48 PM
JimUm, in Bay 2.:D

Jim Carroll
20th March 2010, 09:49 PM
Then there is bay 3

Looking good Jeff.

Pat
21st March 2010, 10:45 AM
Then there is bay 3

My bedroom you mean.

Sawdust Maker
21st March 2010, 10:58 AM
Lookin good
I reckon you have too many chisels :o

Tell you what! Just to give you a bit of room send about a 1/3 to me. Promise I'll look after them for you :D

NeilS
21st March 2010, 12:11 PM
Geez, Jeff, you're not half rubbing it in...:U

Now for some photos of you in there knee-high in shavings!

jefferson
22nd March 2010, 07:48 AM
Jeff, looking good. When's the cyclone due to be hooked up?:fisch:

Pat, the cyclone is in place and waiting for some piping and $. Hopefully soon!.

Jim

Jim, the work bench you see in pics 1 & 2 is my little Sawstop. I'll probably use it when I get around to laminates - but not until the chisels behave themselves a little better.

Geez, Jeff, you're not half rubbing it in...:U

Now for some photos of you in there knee-high in shavings!

Neil, definitely not trying to rub it in. Yes, I do have a great shed but I've been acquiring woodworking machines and tools for maybe 10 years.

The woodturning bug has got me well and truly though and I confess to going overboard, just a little. Just clearing space for a VL600..... :rolleyes: If she lets me.....