PDA

View Full Version : CIO cutters locally available

hughie
26th March 2010, 07:49 PM
I have been going through the new Carbatec cattle dog and noticed they sell what looks to be the equivalent of C10 cutter.
They have them for planners and thicknessers using a spiral cut $99 for 10

TTIT
27th March 2010, 11:34 PM
Bugga:C Got all excited thinking you meant the round ones but I can only see the square ones like on the Easy Rougher :shrug: At least it's an easy source for the roughers :2tsup:

Frank&Earnest
28th March 2010, 05:51 PM
yeah Hughie, you should be sued for false advertising! :D

rsser
28th March 2010, 06:10 PM
FWIW I've seen the Ci0 (round) inserts on US websites for around USD 14.

Not cheap but if they last .....

hughie
29th March 2010, 08:23 AM
well I was talking to a guy who has round ones with a neutral rake ie flat on top much like a scraper. The idea was to try and get a good price on a bulk deal. But not having a positive rake I let it lapse.
I'll try and dig out the emails and post em up for all to see, I think they were around $9USD plus postage

rsser
1st April 2010, 12:05 PM
Didn't earlier searches, on the radiused edge square tips, find some diffs in carbide composition that could affect performance? (Yeah, sorry, I'm too lazy to go digging).

hughie
1st April 2010, 07:01 PM
Didn't earlier searches, on the radiused edge square tips, find some diffs in carbide composition that could affect performance?

True, at least the Carbatec ones are designed for wood and the ones I cant find also were for wood :C

NeilS
2nd April 2010, 11:35 AM
C3 or C4 is about right for our purposes. More on C grades here (http://www.ehow.com/about_5061477_carbide.html).