PDA

View Full Version : aluminium tracks?

mic-d
13th September 2004, 05:42 PM
I want to build the drill press table at http://www.popularwoodworking.com/features/fea.asp?id=1050 (this site was up yesterday but down today when I just checked). Can someone tell me where I can get Alum "T-slot" tracks and associated T-handle knobs etc for building the tracks for the fence?

And can someone tell me what DeStaCo clamps are?

Thanks Muchly!
Michael

mat
13th September 2004, 05:50 PM
Michael

Do a forum search on T-Track. You'll see an abundance of info on this topic.

Sturdee
13th September 2004, 07:17 PM
Michael,

Also do a search for sail track available from Capral. The DeStaCo clamps are also known as toggle clamps. See http://svc010.bne011i.server-web.com/catalogue/carbatec2/cache/header-955public__0-0.html?cache=no for details.

Peter.

mic-d
16th September 2004, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the help fellas. As an alternative to building this drill press table from scratch, I had a brainwave to try and modify an old triton router table and fence. Inlay under table with MDF, add positions for clamps, fixed fence etc. What do people think? I'll try a mock up on my router table, and I might be in the market for another old one if it works OK.
Cheers
Michael

glock40sw
17th September 2004, 10:00 AM
G'day Micheal.
yesterday, I ordered 4x4metre lengths of Marine Sail Track from Capral at Slacks Creek.

Cost was $12 per length of 22mm X 9mm profile.
They are great to deal with.
Hooroo.
Regards, Trevor
Grafton

numbat
17th September 2004, 02:25 PM
Glock,

Can you post the contact details for Capral?

Cheers

mat
17th September 2004, 02:33 PM
Numbat

There is a branch of Capral in Fyshwick. I ordered some of the sail track from them. Arrived the next day.

numbat
17th September 2004, 03:58 PM
Thanks Mat.

I knew that - just didnt make the connection. Must be a senior moment - but I'm not that old.

Cheers

Guy
19th September 2004, 12:36 AM
Any one tried Capral Cat no E2414, apparantley this was mentioned i think in aus woodshith mag under suppliers.