PDA

View Full Version : Create your own wood floor

wheelinround
28th March 2010, 10:13 AM
LOML has decided the floor in in our place would be better if it was wood not tiles. :doh:

So hence forth she is giving up sweeping the floor and allowing all the sawdust I bring in doors stuck my shoes, sox etc to remain till such time its thick enough to give a coat or two of polish. :~ Is she serious if so to speed things up I am going to empty the contents of the dusty on it as well.:U

With this in mind I also consider we should all send to Japan our sawdust for their pulp mills and keep the good stuff or ourselves.:2tsup:

Allan at Wallan
28th March 2010, 10:22 AM
Make sure you work on as many different timbers as possible
as the multi coloured sawdust will enhance the look of your floor.

However, you had better work it out with Sue now ... who is going
to lay the polish and keep it shiny.:D

Allan

munruben
28th March 2010, 10:43 AM
I have some nice Red Cedar dust you can have if you run short on supply. :)

wheelinround
28th March 2010, 12:13 PM

However, you had better work it out with Sue now ... who is going
to lay the polish and keep it shiny.:D

Allan

Polishing already sorted Allan attach polishing cloths to wheels of wheelchair and do doughnuts around the room.

John it will go with the NSW Rosewood

RETIRED
28th March 2010, 12:55 PM
I can give you a couple of trailer loads of sawdust a week if you run short.:rolleyes:

wheelinround
28th March 2010, 02:21 PM
I can give you a couple of trailer loads of sawdust a week if you run short.:rolleyes:

Much appreciated could do it no time then.
Although I reckon you'd be better supplying Japan for the woodchip industry.

rsser
28th March 2010, 03:18 PM
Ray, why not go for a packed earth floor and with 's help in no time you'll have a composite wood floor.

Then you'll be welcomed when you come in slopping your jar of finish all over the place.

wheelinround
28th March 2010, 05:09 PM
Ray, why not go for a packed earth floor and with 's help in no time you'll have a composite wood floor.

Then you'll be welcomed when you come in slopping your jar of finish all over the place.

The thing is I ain't the one who walks in and out in bare feet dragging the dust :;

cultana
28th March 2010, 05:34 PM
The thing is I ain't the one who walks in and out in bare feet dragging the dust :;

Weak excuse. I tried that one at home and it just did not hold sawdust so to speak in the ear/eye of the accusing one.
The logic is you made the dust in the first place so it is your fault. :no:
Its logic you just cannot defeat.:(

One day you may wake up to find one of these:
Sweepers and Scrubbers Warehouse Direct - Fiorentini S34 Ride On Sweeper (http://www.sswd.com.au/pages/new-equipment/new-sweepers/fiorentini-s34-ride-on-sweeper.php)

tea lady
28th March 2010, 07:19 PM
A Waste Wood floor could be quite efective. We'd better all buy up on epoxy now, cos there might be a run on the market.:rolleyes::D

bowl-basher
28th March 2010, 08:54 PM
Hey Wheelin
I know where there is a bunch of camphor shavings that should take care of the dirty sock smell

joe greiner
28th March 2010, 09:13 PM
A Waste Wood floor could be quite efective. We'd better all buy up on epoxy now, cos there might be a run on the market.:rolleyes::D
Exactly. Have you computed how many barrels of glue it would need?:oo:

Cheers,
Joe

tea lady
28th March 2010, 10:10 PM
Exactly. Have you computed how many barrels of glue it would need?:oo:

Cheers,
Joe
:think: And how do you fit up the pressure pot? Maybe seal all the doors and windows and suck on the chimney.:rolleyes::D

Broda
30th March 2010, 09:48 PM

Hmmm...purple floors....that would look cool:2tsup: