PDA

View Full Version : How Flexy is the Woodcut ProForme 1/2" Flexi

rodjocumsen
20th April 2010, 12:43 PM
Hello all, I'm looking at buying a Woodcut hollowing tool. The 1/2" Flexi has an adjustable link to allow the head to be positioned as desired. The 5/8" Pro Forme has different "fixed" shafts. My question is, am I wiser to buy the 5/8" and one shaft which will cost roughly the same as the 1/2" Flexi. How "solid" is the 1/2" Flexi? Has anybody had experience with these hollowers? The turning I do is small to medium but things may change in the future. Thanks, Rod.

TTIT
20th April 2010, 01:41 PM
For small to medium forms, go for the Flexi :2tsup:. I grabbed one for Xmas and it's the sweetest tool in the rack :U. I use a ProForme head mounted on a swivel on the end of a lump of 3/4" square key steel for my bigger hollow forms but anything up to about 6" deep is cool with the Flexi. Go for it - you won't regret it!:U

Jim Carroll
20th April 2010, 02:12 PM
:iagree:

brendan stemp
20th April 2010, 02:15 PM
I always say to those looking at buying a deep hollowing tool that there ain't one tool that will do it all. I reckon Woodcuts Pro Forme and Flexi are up there with the best and the Flexi would certainly be a good one for the smaller to medium pieces but you will find that it won't do everything. It is very simple to use and 'catch proof' providing they are set up properly.

rodjocumsen
21st April 2010, 08:49 AM
Thanks everyone, Much appreciated. Rod.:U

hughie
21st April 2010, 02:26 PM
Yep gotta go with the mob on this one :U