PDA

View Full Version : glass coating product found!

Mybrains
19th September 2004, 03:50 AM
I felt I should pass this back. I found a product that specifically allows you to spray paint glass properly. its quite new. Dupont is the maker and they have commenced selling it thru their automotive dealer network (dont expect dealers to know much if anything about it). Its called 'HZ1503 Glass Surfacer'. From what I read its a 5L tin of clear primer to prepare the glass. once this is coated on you are supposed to use their auto spraypaint with a reinforcer. cost was approx. $70 OZ a tin (not bad).
Properties:
HZ-1503 Glass Surfacer – Prepares glass substrates for promoting paint adhesion.
HZ – 1503 Glass Surfacer must be used as a final stage process before application of Centari® 5035 and 6000 top coat systems.
Note: When used in conjunction with Centari® 6000 basecoat, Centari® BK220 Anti Chip Protector must be added as per the recommended quantity (refer to Centari 6000 Technical Data Sheet).
If u need more data, post a reply and Ill email it to you
pete

Marc
19th September 2004, 02:12 PM
Would this work to paint glass spalshbacks for kitchens? Since it needs undercoat and what you see through the glass is the top coat, I wonder ... ?

Mybrains
19th September 2004, 07:12 PM
yeah marc, this is why I went hunting- glass splashhback. looks like it will do the job. its a clear primer. will know more after I have actually used it however :)

pete

troppolad
27th March 2006, 09:14 PM
G`day guys
newbie here and just trawling the boards
if its for a glass splashback why paint it?
i used to work as a cabinetmaker in cairns and had one woman ask for removable glass splashbacks in her kitchen, she wanted to be able to put her kids school pictures and paintings (and anything else that she fancied )behind them, fitted the toughened glass into an aluminium chanel at the base hard against a felt backing(she could change the felt to any colour she wanted) with a piece of ali angle screwed to the bottom of the overhead units
every now and then it was a matter of undo-ing a couple of screws and changing the decoration........
you could do this with anythingyou want a solid colour try painting the wall, or placing a sheet of laminate behind it, maybe print out all of SWMBO recipees and put them behind it (brownie points here lol)
cheers
troppo