PDA

View Full Version : Heads up on screws etc for the Newcastle crew

Claw Hama
28th April 2010, 03:54 PM
I recently found a supplier of screws and general hardware fittings in Adamstown. I have been buying a lot of this stuff over the web and then by chance found this guy at the end of my own street:doh::U. Anyone who goes to the Wood Turners of the Hunter open days etc will have seen found him. The Business is call Dukesmith Agencies and the guys name is David. You can buy loose screws rather than stupid small packs, the same with hinges etc he charges the bulk price (ie 1000) divided by the number of whatever you are buying. He has bulk sanding discs etc all seem to be a resonable price. Still getting set up but is worth calling in. He is localted at crn of Park Ave and Fletcher St Adamstown, his shop is under the building so to speak and accessed from the Fletcher st side opersite St Pius High School. Ph 0249523703
I have no :no:affiliation with him or the shop etc.

Simomatra
29th April 2010, 10:30 AM
Cheers CH

As I now reside at Aberglasslyn that will be a bonus. My GP is located at Adamstown as well

Claw Hama
29th April 2010, 10:37 AM
Hi Sam
Its worth a look for sure, I always try and support the little guys rather than the Bumings of the world and as I said you can buy loose numbers of things. He does have some done up in bags now. The brass screws seem to be a good quality cut screw as well not those crap things that don't have slots or threads or both and the heads snap off.

skot
30th May 2010, 05:41 PM
Sam,
Big move from Camira to Aberglassyn

Wanted a change of scenery/lifestyle or closer to relatives