PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded

wheelinround
28th April 2010, 08:15 PM
I upgraded to a larger lathe today Nova 3000 with additional ext bed 2 banjo's, 3 tool rests, outrigger, dead centre (no live centre), Old tommy bar chuck, and a set of Nova Power Grip jaws (http://www.teknatool.com/products/Chuck_Accessories/PowerGrip.htm)

The photo is at where we picked it up this afternoon.
No chance of another photo as it was to dark when we returned it is housed at OTGA club as I have no room here.

Ray

Enfield Guy
28th April 2010, 08:25 PM
Looks good. Lucky you. Certainly looks like a good heavy stand it is mounted on.
Cheers

Christos
28th April 2010, 08:26 PM
Nice.

Pat
28th April 2010, 09:02 PM
Ray, good purchase. especially the powergrip jaws. When do you intend to re-organise your shed at home to fit it in?

wheelinround
28th April 2010, 09:10 PM
Ray, good purchase. especially the powergrip jaws. When do you intend to re-organise your shed at home to fit it in?

When are you free Pat :U

After I finish a desk a spinning wheel, make a tool box trolly, get rid of a Triton Mk3.

Claw Hama
28th April 2010, 09:24 PM
Very nice, can't wait to see some work come off it. I need one of those dusty connections!

funkychicken
28th April 2010, 09:40 PM
That's the way:2tsup:

hughie
28th April 2010, 10:16 PM
Oh my, now you've done it, your a real turner...:U

congrats on a very good pick up. :2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
28th April 2010, 10:21 PM
Nice lookin lathe, lucky bugger :2tsup:

extra banjo, I might just have to come and visit :U

I'd be interested in what you think of the outrigger

wheelinround
28th April 2010, 10:33 PM
Thanks gents

now to get some time with it will be nice.

Nick read first post again your welcome here any time.

I_wanna_Shed
28th April 2010, 11:01 PM
Ohhhh very nice Ray..... well done! You will definately have to (somehow!) make space for that little number. I sniff a new shed being built :U

wheelinround
28th April 2010, 11:03 PM
Ohhhh very nice Ray..... well done! You will definately have to (somehow!) make space for that little number. I sniff a new shed being built :U

Only if we get out of the rental loop Nathan

tea lady
28th April 2010, 11:25 PM
:2tsup: Nice! :cool:

artme
29th April 2010, 08:43 AM
Jolly good show old chap:rolleyes:!!:rolleyes:

Rum Pig
29th April 2010, 08:44 AM
That would be right wait until I'm back here to get your new toy:~

Looks good I'm sure there was room in your office for that:rolleyes: look forward to seeing what comes off it :)

wheelinround
29th April 2010, 09:07 AM
That would be right wait until I'm back here to get your new toy:~

Looks good I'm sure there was room in your office for that:rolleyes: look forward to seeing what comes off it :)

:whistling2:

Did I mention it has 1120 between centre's going to need my rolling stool to use that. :U

:rolleyes: powered rolling stool set up to roll along at a pace to my turning a long finial:;

hughie
29th April 2010, 09:21 AM
:rolleyes: powered rolling stool set up to roll along at a pace to my turning a long finial:;]

We could put it on linear bearings, then you could fly along effortlessly...speed turning, Yay!

Ozkaban
29th April 2010, 10:31 AM
I reckon you'll enjoy that one... nice lathe:2tsup: Got a great range of speeds on that one.

Cheers,
Dave

nz_carver
29th April 2010, 02:33 PM
Nice one Ray:o

whe you get Pat to sort your workshop out let me know I will lend a hand too:2tsup:

Gil Jones
29th April 2010, 03:45 PM
Hey, Ray, dang fine acquisition:2tsup::2tsup:
Gil

Allan at Wallan
29th April 2010, 04:38 PM
Hmmm, seems a waste of space getting a big unit
like that ... just to make another pen.:D

Allan

Mr Brush
29th April 2010, 05:14 PM
Ray - congrats on the new monster :2tsup:

I too was thinking "where's he gonna keep THAT" until I got to the end of your post.....

Now taking orders for unfeasibly large pens.......:D

That Triton Mk3 is proving a bugger to shift, eh? I was at the mighty Carbatec today (no, they still don't have a lot of the stuff in the new cattledog...) and apparently they DO now have some Triton stuff in stock !

wheelinround
29th April 2010, 06:16 PM
Hmmm, seems a waste of space getting a big unit
like that ... just to make another pen.:D

Allan

Whats a pen :U

wheelinround
29th April 2010, 06:19 PM
Ray - congrats on the new monster :2tsup:

I too was thinking "where's he gonna keep THAT" until I got to the end of your post.....

Now taking orders for unfeasibly large pens.......:D

That Triton Mk3 is proving a bugger to shift, eh? I was at the mighty Carbatec today (no, they still don't have a lot of the stuff in the new cattledog...) and apparently they DO now have some Triton stuff in stock !

see post above re-pens:;

Yes Triton is still here I was just thinking today how an OXY torch could improve its use for me.:roll:

NeilS
29th April 2010, 10:00 PM
Good move....:2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
29th April 2010, 11:18 PM
Thanks gents

now to get some time with it will be nice.

Nick read first post again your welcome here any time.

ok ok :doh:
coor :o
I'll take a day off and come and visit :p
(spose I'll have to find some olive as well) :;

munruben
30th April 2010, 12:19 AM
Well done Ray, looks great. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

wheelinround
5th May 2010, 06:44 PM
Got to with the new lathe
I have to say thanks to members of OTGA for their help in accessing belt change fitting a face plate etc. Racing between sheds is not easy for me.

Its just an old chair base something to play with.
Got to get that remote switch set up and have consulted re-VS switch etc. :2tsup:

Oh I had an eye witness or 2 off the forum there also. :;