PDA

View Full Version : H&F Thicknesser T13

Termite
20th September 2004, 10:00 AM
For those who read about my H&F thicknesser going pear shaped, the news is good. All it was, was the spring on the tensioner for the drive roller chain let go and the chain was jumping cogs, hell of a sound but nothing serious. No damage internally and the service from Hare and Forbes Sydney was 1st class, they even checked the blade hold down screws to make sure they weren,t stuck.

barnsey
20th September 2004, 03:45 PM
Glad to hear things turned out Okay ;)

My experience with H&F has been really good so at least that confirms it for this little black duck :D

outback
20th September 2004, 04:50 PM
Good to hear the good news. Now you can start breathing again. I can't imagine the story you were working on to justify a newer bigger better thicknesser. :eek:

Termite
20th September 2004, 05:05 PM
I can't imagine the story you were working on to justify a newer bigger better thicknesser. :eek:

During my preparation of the "story" I found out a few things. Take the H&F T13 which I paid $585 (inc. dust chute) on special. Paint it orange and charge$700+, powdercoat it cream and charge $850, or paint it yellow and get up to $1000 for it. I wonder what I'd get if I painted mine dayglo green and put a few purple polka dots on it? :D

Arron
21st September 2004, 09:40 PM
Glad to hear your story. My T13 is a week old now and I have pulled all my stack of old timber out and put it through. Took hours but came up beautiful. I really like this machine - I so wish I had bought one when I first took this hobby up.

I have had good experiences with Hare and Forbes too. When I blew the capacitor on my table saw I took it back although it was out of warranty. They fixed it while I waited, gave me a lecture on the foolishness of running a saw on a long 10amp lead, charged me nothing and let me go a very happy customer.

Arron

himzol
22nd September 2004, 10:23 AM
I wonder what I'd get if I painted mine dayglo green and put a few purple polka dots on it?

Arrested for possesion and consumption of narcotics. :D :D :D

Termite
22nd September 2004, 11:07 AM
Arrested for possesion and consumption of narcotics. :D :D :D
Will it make me like your avatar? :D :D

himzol
22nd September 2004, 11:48 AM
Will it make me like your avatar?

It depends on the Narcotics... Imported or domestic. :D

himzol
22nd September 2004, 11:53 AM
On a more serious note, you mentioned that the only difference in the units is the colour. I'm just wondering if the parts, more specificaly the blades are also interchangable and if so who supplies the cheapest?

Termite
22nd September 2004, 12:27 PM
H&F $55.00. I've had two Jet dealers quote me $48.00. Best to take your old set along to check.