PDA

View Full Version : Wonky Eyes

yasmin
9th May 2010, 12:23 AM
I seem to have some weird & wonderful problem with my sight. The optromistist says I know what is going on but I don't how to fix it! Great eh? Anyway, I'm at Tafe doing cabinetmaking and I've just bought a Veritas Magnetic Rule Magnifier - it works great. It's got a brass base with a seperate metal rod that runs up the centre and the magnifier glass is attached to that. It works well l with a metal rule as you can slide it along. The glass allows one to get a pencil/marking knife under to make that initial mark. I have also used it for drawing assignments with improved marks. I bought mine from Timbecon (www.timbecon.com.au (http://www.timbecon.com.au/)) for approx $A40. Well worth it for me - I was thinking of dropping out of the course.

Yasmin :)

Lignum
9th May 2010, 01:37 AM
I was thinking of dropping out of the course.
Yasmin :)

Cant do that:)

I also have problems. Believe it or not, i solved mine by getting those glasses from the cheap Chinese shops. I grabbed +05 up to +4, cost not a lot of money and use each for a specific task when needed. Works a treat.

That magnifying glass you grabbed looks fantastic. Must look into getting one:)

Claw Hama
9th May 2010, 09:02 AM
yes I'm like Lig, I only need 1.00 for reading but in bad light or reading rules sometimes higher magnification is handy. I pick them up at the garage, paper shop or markets for as little as $3 a pair. Mind you I'm sure I could use one of those little magnifiers too.

Lignum
9th May 2010, 12:57 PM
I use 1 for reading, but in the work shop I use 1.5 for measuring and marking, 2 on the bandsaw, 4 for splinters:D and the best of all 3 real close to the timber on my final sand. It’s fantastic as I see every swirl or scratch. Since I have been doing that my finished have improved 100%:)

munruben
10th May 2010, 04:03 PM
I use 1 for reading, but in the work shop I use 1.5 for measuring and marking, 2 on the bandsaw, 4 for splinters:D and the best of all 3 real close to the timber on my final sand. It’s fantastic as I see every swirl or scratch. Since I have been doing that my finished have improved 100%:)Incredible:)