PDA

View Full Version : Lotsa Camphor

Ozkaban
4th June 2010, 04:10 PM
Hi,

Been meaning to post this for a bit but have been finding it difficult to get time for the forums these days :no:

Bowl-basher told me about a lovely lump of camphor that needed to be carted away. Turned out to be a rather large amount of large lumps, and a good chunk was still vertical but it was a lot of fun slicing it all up :2tsup:

Here are a couple of pics from my phone. Rubbish quality, I'm afraid. Bought one of those new fangled HTC Desire phones and everything is brilliant except a rubbish camera. Go figure :rolleyes:

I only had an hour or so to chop wood, so I ended up with about a trailer load. Some of the grain was beautiful!

Pics 2 and 5 show BB having a blast chopping the stuff up. He's like a dentist so I can't show you his face here :D

Cheers,
Dave

Ozkaban
4th June 2010, 04:12 PM
ooops. forgot to add... in the first photo you can see two trees... there were 5 in total, all that size. Huge amount of wood on offer! First one was left standing as there were power lines near it, and we weren't going to do anything that dumb :-

Cheers,
Dave

RETIRED
4th June 2010, 04:14 PM
That is my best side too.:D:rolleyes:

I am not a dentist either.:wink:

NeilS
4th June 2010, 04:15 PM
Can almost smell it from here, sure clears the sinuses...:U

corbs
4th June 2010, 04:22 PM
Nice:2tsup::2tsup:... you're going to have clear sinus' for a long time with that lot:wink:

wheelinround
4th June 2010, 04:54 PM
Yes thats BB/Graham alright know that face anywhere. :p Graham also offered me some but with no room in the shed and plenty on offer from our OT group I passed.

Looks like lots of colour to.:C

bowl-basher
4th June 2010, 05:41 PM
still plenty on the ground
:way2go:
if any Sydney people are intersted let me know
Bowl Basher

corbs
4th June 2010, 06:19 PM
Where in Sydney? I'm thinking of coming up for the WWWS in a couple of weeks:rolleyes:

Ross
4th June 2010, 09:24 PM
I'm interested.

Ross

Ozkaban
4th June 2010, 10:03 PM
If it's still on the ground at the house, then it's in the Eastwood area.

Cheers,
Dave

Ross
4th June 2010, 10:48 PM
Next door. I'm in Epping.

Ross

artme
5th June 2010, 08:18 AM
all good!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Ed Reiss
5th June 2010, 12:04 PM
still plenty on the ground
if any Sydney people are intersted let me know
Bowl Basher

BB ...not quite in the Sydney area, but interested :U damn pond always gettin' in the way :C:~

Ozkaban
5th June 2010, 12:11 PM
BB ...not quite in the Sydney area, but interested :U damn pond always gettin' in the way :C:~

We could always chuck a couple of logs in the pond and see :D

Might take a bit of time though. Sea Mail isn't that reliable either :;

Cheers,
Dave

Allen Neighbors
5th June 2010, 01:58 PM
What a haul!! Good for what ails you.... :)

Texian
5th June 2010, 04:02 PM
Yep, we're too damn far away as usual Allen. But great that the wood is going to turners instead of the chipper or ---

nz_carver
5th June 2010, 04:59 PM
Yes thats BB/Graham alright know that face anywhere. :p Graham also offered me some but with no room in the shed and plenty on offer from our OT group I passed.

Looks like lots of colour to.:C

Ray I have a nice new work shop im happy to look after it for u:q:U

wheelinround
5th June 2010, 05:12 PM
Ray I have a nice new work shop im happy to look after it for u:q:U

Well Dave you ask Dave and Graham BB for some I am sure they will accommodate you. You'll enjoy turning Camphor it'll keep your nose clean.:U:q

Pat
5th June 2010, 06:23 PM
Dave, what did you say, a new workshop for us to come and trash:q

kdwtrading
5th June 2010, 07:31 PM
Dave,

I am interested party seeking for large and stable supply of Camphor Logs for export pls email to kdw_trading at yahoo dot com or call me 0405706128/Darren for discussion.

Best regards,

Darren Li

nz_carver
5th June 2010, 07:40 PM
Dave, what did you say, a new workshop for us to come and trash:q

yeah mate new house hope to be moved in by wood show

we will have to have a BBQ and some of the lads off here around to brake it in:2tsup:
its a real workshop not a cage like the one i have now:U

Ed Reiss
6th June 2010, 12:04 PM
We could always chuck a couple of logs in the pond and see :D

Might take a bit of time though. Sea Mail isn't that reliable either :;

Cheers,
Dave

Will keep an eye out for them as they come sailing up the Delaware River :roll::D

corbs
20th June 2010, 09:34 PM
Big thanks to Graham for passing on the info on this one. I dropped by this morning and cut up a bit to keep me company and will be passing on a couple of pieces to a friend that doesn't know he's getting it yet:wink:

There's a couple of lovely big pieces with Y crutches but it was made very clear they were out of bounds:D:;

If anyone else goes to pick some up... the lump with a shiny bit right in the core about an inch in and the texta marking METAL with arrows pointing at the shiny bit isn't your friend. Made my brand new chain blunt way too quickly but I couldnt fit any more in the car so wasn't too much of an issue I guess:rolleyes:

bowl-basher
21st June 2010, 09:07 PM
:D:D:D
one of those Y crutches is now safely cut up and end sealed stacked in the shed I should have the other one cut up by friday (SWNBO permitting) I have 6 good sized bowls roughed out and packed in shavings the colour of this Camphor is just so good and wet turning is a lot of fun even if you do get sick and tired of wiping your visor (need wipers fitted)
this is one of the bits I cut about 2 weeks ago
Bowl-Basher

wheelinround
21st June 2010, 09:28 PM
:o BB on 2nd thoughts bit of fig for bit of camphor

NeilS
21st June 2010, 11:24 PM
Envious of that stack of camphor blocks waiting for your attention, BB.

My sinuses are clearing even from here...:U

Allen Neighbors
22nd June 2010, 05:40 AM
Awesome timber. Awesome lucky bloke. :)

TTIT
22nd June 2010, 09:31 AM
Bet you'll be looking for something different to turn by the time you get through roughing down that stack :; - should keep you out of trouble for a while :U - enjoy!

bowl-basher
22nd June 2010, 10:38 AM
:o BB on 2nd thoughts bit of fig for bit of camphor
:U:U No drama Ray
let me know what you want
Regards
Graham