PDA

View Full Version : Powderpost is coming to Melbourne.

RETIRED
8th June 2010, 09:52 AM
As some of you have read Powderpost (Jim) is coming to Melbourne for the The Australian Woodturning Exhibition (http://www.theaustralianwoodturningexhibition.com/).

It has been suggested that we have a mini Turn-on so that he can put some faces to names on the forum.

What I am proposing is that most Forumites who live around here will be going to the Exhibition anyway, so I will bring a BBQ along and we will have a BBQ lunch (12-2) in the park at the back of the Exhibition on Sunday the 20th.

BYO chairs, food and drinks.

Calm
8th June 2010, 10:13 AM
a dashed good idea ol chap

tea lady
8th June 2010, 12:31 PM
:2tsup: Jolly good 0l' chap! Whatto! :cool:

(Don't they have markets on too? Maybe just on Saturday? :think: )

RETIRED
8th June 2010, 01:51 PM
:2tsup: Jolly good 0l' chap! Whatto! :cool:

(Don't they have markets on too? Maybe just on Saturday? :think: )Market on Sunday as well.

Big Shed
8th June 2010, 01:55 PM
Market on Sunday as well.

What is this market of which you speak?

(Maybe a good place for SWMBO to amuse herself?)

RETIRED
8th June 2010, 04:00 PM

(Maybe a good place for SWMBO to amuse herself?)In the carpark right outside the exhibition.

Sturdee
8th June 2010, 05:13 PM
Seeing it is only a mile or two down the road from me I'll be there.

Peter.

Sturdee
8th June 2010, 05:20 PM

Normally there is a farmers market on the second Sunday and a craft market on the 4th Sunday of the month in the carpark in front of the Library and Council offices so she should have somewhere to spend your money.

Also across the road there is Harvey Norman as well as JB, The Good Guys as well as furniture stores. That's why it's called the Mega Homemakers Mile.:D

Peter.

issatree
8th June 2010, 06:53 PM
Hi ,
Yes, I can also make it on the Sunday.
Regards,
issatree.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Big Shed
8th June 2010, 10:53 PM
Normally there is a farmers market on the second Sunday and a craft market on the 4th Sunday of the month in the carpark in front of the Library and Council offices so she should have somewhere to spend your money.

Also across the road there is Harvey Norman as well as JB, The Good Guys as well as furniture stores. That's why it's called the Mega Homemakers Mile.:D

Peter.

Thanks Peter, that Sunday being the 3rd I assume there is no market then?

The other alternatives won't excite SWMBO, she's not in to electronics and furniture. Going to those sort of stores is about as exciting for her as having her appendix out:D

Sturdee
8th June 2010, 11:19 PM
Thanks Peter, that Sunday being the 3rd I assume there is no market then?

The other alternatives won't excite SWMBO, she's not in to electronics and furniture. Going to those sort of stores is about as exciting for her as having her appendix out:D

My mistake, I looked at the calendar and thought it was the 4th Sunday.:-

Peter.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
9th June 2010, 02:21 AM
Sob! :C

tea lady
9th June 2010, 05:57 PM
Sob! :C:doh: Are you only allowed to use the 'puter at night Skew? :D Hope you can make it to something again soon. You are missed you know.:U

jefferson
10th June 2010, 09:34 AM
Would I be right in guessing that Jim is venturing south to collect his prizes in the Exhibition? :D

Either way, we'll be there for the BBQ on the Sunday.

Allan at Wallan
11th June 2010, 05:43 PM
I will be on duty at the entry desk from 10 am until midday
... looks like I will be available for the bbq.

See you there.

Allan

Skew ChiDAMN!!
15th June 2010, 12:47 AM
:doh: Are you only allowed to use the 'puter at night Skew? :D Hope you can make it to something again soon.

As do I... I sorely miss my woodwork.

You are missed you know.:U

Only 'cos I've finally mastered the art of ducking. :;

tea lady
15th June 2010, 01:01 AM
As do I... I sorely miss my woodwork.

Only 'cos I've finally mastered the art of ducking. :;Oh! You are a real quack up.:D

RETIRED
16th June 2010, 06:44 PM

In the carpark right outside the exhibition.

Peter.According to the calendars and organisers there is NO market that w/e.

In view of the weather I will be bringing the truck that thinks that it is a motorhome so that we have shelter from the rain (who said that).

So look out for the cream peril in the car park.:D

rsser
16th June 2010, 07:31 PM
No dissing that cream heap of carp , but if it helps I'm happy to host something at my place at some appropriate time around the Show.

mick61
17th June 2010, 08:59 PM
G`day there is no market ever on that weekend.
Sometimes on the sunday afternoon there is a show of some sort in the same building.
Mick:D