PDA

View Full Version : how about these legs.

hooppine
15th June 2010, 04:27 PM
The treasurer has been wanting a 3 legged corner table for a number of years so I decided to have a go. The table is a1 meter high with the shelves 45cm long on the outside. It is all camphor laurel. It has been sanded at this stage down to 600dpi with wet and dry in preparation for a hard shellac finish. The legs were turned on a Carbatec MC900 and are joined at the shelf level top and bottom. It has only cost the price of a long visit to the WWW show last year with the normal buying spree.

artme
15th June 2010, 05:37 PM
Good one Hooppine!! :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: should come up a treat when given a good shellacking.:rolleyes:

That spending spree was, of course, the one where the wallet was sewn together - save for a finger space?:p:p

Ozkaban
15th June 2010, 06:04 PM
Nice one. I imagine the finish will make it look even nicer :2tsup:

It has only cost the price of a long visit to the WWW show last year with the normal buying spree.
So we're looking at a couple of grand, then :D:D:D

Cheers,
Dave

Allen Neighbors
16th June 2010, 11:47 AM
Awesome table... Looks like you've done a bang-up job on it. Are the legs threaded together at the shelves? or are they glued together...
Just curious if it comes apart....
Well done!!! And for only a couple of grand.... :D :D

hooppine
16th June 2010, 12:52 PM
They are dowelled and glued but with all the other timber around them which is screwed I can not see it coming apart. I only have a 3 x 3 shed so most of my buys are small not grand. Rewards are grand:wink::B:B:B

Allen Neighbors
17th June 2010, 04:12 AM
Reason I was curious, is we have a table made along that same order, but with 5 shelves and 4 legs, and the legs are threaded, so it can come apart to be packed away... :)
Nice table, hooppine, it'll be a nice addition to your home, and keep the treasurer happy!! :D