PDA

View Full Version : Black Continuous Nails, Matching Loop Back Buttons

wyldspice
17th June 2010, 10:59 PM
Hello all, glad I found the forum and hope someone is able to help with my search for a black continuous nail. I am upholstering 8 chairs, the original continuous nails are black with bronze, antique or french polish look, upholstery supply terms are confusing.
Just to clarify, I have not been able to find any matching continuous nail strips, with additional matching decorative nails and matching loop back buttons.
Any help would be extremely appreciated, we are trying to complete the project prior to family visiting in August.
Thank you in advance.
Michelle Barry

Ali G
22nd June 2010, 01:04 AM
Hello all, glad I found the forum and hope someone is able to help with my search for a black continuous nail. I am upholstering 8 chairs, the original continuous nails are black with bronze, antique or french polish look, upholstery supply terms are confusing.
Just to clarify, I have not been able to find any matching continuous nail strips, with additional matching decorative nails and matching loop back buttons.
Any help would be extremely appreciated, we are trying to complete the project prior to family visiting in August.
Thank you in advance.
Michelle Barry

You could try painting them, you will have to touch up the stud that holds them down ( every fifth stud from memory ). I never liked the strip studs, a trained eye could always pick them, I much rathered the individual studs.

My background included years of deep button work on Chesterfields, once you get the hang of the studs it's a piece of cake:2tsup:

adrianp
13th June 2011, 09:38 AM
Hi im Adrian from Padgham Upholstery. We have four different finishes in 9.5mm nail continuous nail strips. They are a metre long and they are supplied with extra nails that you put in along the strip as every fifth nail.
These nails strips are fantastic as the bend around circles, bend to a right angle and then you can snap it off when you have come to the end of your requirements.
The four finishes are brass plated, nickel plated, old copper and bronze rennaissance.

As for looped back buttons, we can make buttons for you. Post us your fabric and size of button required. We also sell the button machines, dies and cutters and button moulds.

You can see all of these items on our website.