PDA

View Full Version : Camphor Laurel at Liverpool on Monday

colhu
23rd June 2010, 07:54 PM
Hi Sydney People

I know from other threads that there are plenty of forumites out there interested in camphor laurel. The information below has been circulated from the Secretary of the Sydney Woodturners' Guild about some very old, large (1.2m dia) camphor laurels to be felled by Liverpool council on Monday.

"Members
On Monday, next, Liverpool Council is cutting down some massive Camphor Laurel trees at Chipping Norton and will cut the timber to our specifications and we can take as much as we want. If anyone is interested please let me know, for further details. Come one come all.

Regards

Chris Dunn

[email protected]

0404222726"

Chris assured me today that he is quite happy to have anyone who is interested contact him.

Go for it and enjoy.

cheers, Colin

I_wanna_Shed
23rd June 2010, 10:06 PM
:damn:

Why do I have to be at work on Monday???!!!!!!

wheelinround
23rd June 2010, 10:32 PM
No room in the shed :doh:

Allen Neighbors
24th June 2010, 11:59 AM
I've really got to move to Oz! :doh:

Texian
24th June 2010, 01:46 PM
Me too.

wheelinround
10th August 2010, 08:44 PM
I forgot to let everyone know Liverpool council has announced in the local paper last week. That the tree's are Heritage Listed and therefore have to go through the channels of red tape before going through our Mills.:U

corbs
10th August 2010, 10:10 PM
Heritage listed Camphor, I thought it was a weed?:rolleyes:

wheelinround
10th August 2010, 10:26 PM
It was or is on a property which is heritage listed the age of the trees being part of that listing. If they are the same ones when I used to do tours past it many years ago they would be big now.

hughie
11th August 2010, 12:47 AM
forgot to let everyone know Liverpool council has announced in the local paper last week. That the tree's are Heritage Listed and therefore have to go through the channels of red tape before going through our Mills.:U

doncha just love the bureaucracy :U ..... its 'a declared noxious weed' ie its been gazetted for total removable in this state, you can get fined for not controlling the weeds on any property you control, private or other wise

NSW Legislation (http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/viewtop/inforce/subordleg+299+2008+cd+0+N/?dq=Regulations%20under%20Noxious%20Weeds%20Act%201993%20No%2011)