PDA

View Full Version : woodfast lathe cost (secondhand)

Chipbreaker
12th July 2010, 09:50 PM
Can any one advise on the cost of a secondhand woodlathe, I dont have the model details but it is a early model woodfast with its original metal cabinet, 1000mm between centres, 300mm swing over the bed, 3 phase and NO variable drive in good condition, ex TAFE unit. Supplied with only 1 face plate. Any advise on costing would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards mark.

China
12th July 2010, 11:23 PM
They usualy go for about $1000, give or take a bit each way.

NeilS
13th July 2010, 09:25 PM
I sold a similar Woodfast with variable speed retrofit for $1200. The lathe was in good condition. Reckon the VS added $300-$400 in value. I've seen that basic lathe sell for as little as $400 and as much as $900-$1000.

They were a good lathe, just make sure it has been well maintained... alignment, bearings, bed, etc.

Good luck!

Groggy
13th July 2010, 09:58 PM
Mark, I just bought four of the 3ph Woodfast lathes. Two shortbed and two longbed. I think that if they have a tailstock, decent condition bed, pulleys and motor then start at $200. You can replace the grease bearings with sealed ones and replace the motor for another few hundred. In VGC they would be worth around $900-$1000. Completely refurbished (bearings, repaint and VS) I reckon up to $1500.

Make sure the faceplates are both there (one will have a reverse thread) along with the banjo (s).